Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 05:14 PM

Default I need PROOF!

Ok I am tired of everyone saying that a 40% ROI is possible over an indefinite length of time. There is no way I buy this. I have never even heard of a single poster on this forum who has claimed a 30%+ for a 1000 tourney sample (at any level). If anyone can give me a screenshot of SNG/Poker tracker with a 1000+ tourney sample and any ROI above 30% I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:19 PM

Default Re: I need PROOF!

At what levels?

I am sure 30% is sustainable at the party $11s for any good player following Aleo's basic guidelines...

You asked for proof of which I have none (yet), but once I complete my 1000 games I will let you know [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2005, 05:21 PM

"I am sure 30% is sustainable at the party $11s for any good player following Aleo's basic guidelines..."

Nope.

OP:
40%?? Sure it's possible at the $11s. Just that all the people that could do it make more playing higher stakes. So in short, no one has done it since it's not worthwhile.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:20 PM

What makes you think that everyone in this forum supports the claim that 40% ROI is attainable over an indefinite amount of time?
Old 07-26-2005, 05:20 PM

Oh yay, another ROI discussion.

Where exactly are you getting these numbers? You said nobody here has claimed to reach this target, so who has?
Old 07-26-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yay, another ROI discussion.

Where exactly are you getting these numbers? You said nobody here has claimed to reach this target, so who has?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am just saying that a bunch of people seem to think 40% is possible yet nobody has ever come close to achieving it. I am positive that 30% is possible and I was merely wondering if anyone can prove that they have accomplished this.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:31 PM

Honestly, I don't see why it matters. It shouldn't affect your play in any way. If people are claiming 40% but are actually getting 30%, more power to them.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I don't see why it matters. It shouldn't affect your play in any way. If people are claiming 40% but are actually getting 30%, more power to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is why... I have been playing a strategy in SnGs that is a bit different from normal 2+2 style (at the $22s). It has nothing to do with ICM or anything like that (actually it isn't really a 'strategy' at all). I have been teetering around 30% after 775 tournaments (although a 16 OOTM streak dropped me off a bit yesterday). I wanted to see if anyone could prove to me that they have achieved this and then I could check their back posts and see if they were doing anything similar to me.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:43 PM

As long as you strategy doesn't involve overcalling two all-in bets with AQo in Level 2 and a lot of bubble folding, I see no reason why you couldn't have a 30% long-term ROI at the 22's. A good player can leverage the great implied odds you can get in the early rounds when the stacks are 50BB, open up playing a lot of hands early on, and probably do quite well at it.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is why... I have been playing a strategy in SnGs that is a bit different from normal 2+2 style (at the $22s). It has nothing to do with ICM or anything like that (actually it isn't really a 'strategy' at all). I have been teetering around 30% after 775 tournaments (although a 16 OOTM streak dropped me off a bit yesterday). I wanted to see if anyone could prove to me that they have achieved this and then I could check their back posts and see if they were doing anything similar to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

while i'm fine with you questioning what is acheivable and what is not, your reasoning of why you are questioning it is pretty absurd.

as for my stats, when i threw out my original database, i had about 500 games with a 43 or 44 roi. my newer database of 10s has 179 games at a ROI of 43.22 at the 10s, while my main database has 16 games at a 53.41 ROI. so while i can't give a screenshot for those first 500 or so, my overall stats stand at 700ish and a roi of just about 43%. do note that that puts up a profit of like $3.3k. there is just basically no reason on earth that a player should play a ton of 10s if they are killing them unless they have to take out their whole bankroll for some reason.

citanul