Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 02:36 AM

Default Some hands from the blinds

Comments on all hands are appreciated. No reads on any of the villians, but table has been generally active with lots of calling preflop.

Hand 1

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Omaha/8 (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks.

Turn: (2 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds, SB calls.

River: (5 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Hand 2

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Omaha/8 (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, Button checks.

Turn: (2.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds, Button calls, Hero folds.

River: (5.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Hand 3

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Omaha/8 (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP3 folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 2.50 BB
Old 09-01-2005, 06:29 AM

Default Re: Some hands from the blinds

kitaristi0 - Hand #1. I'd bet the flop for a number of reasons: (1) If you're planning on calling a bet anyhow, betting yourself is better. (2) By betting, you might get another second nut low hand to fold. (3) By betting you might get somebody holding two hearts to fold, rather than possibly picking up a flush draw on the turn. (4) You don't want someone who would have folded to a bet making trips or even two pair on the turn. (5) By betting you might get another higher, but non-nut diamond draw to fold. (6) By betting the flop when you don't have the nuts, you make it more difficult for your opponents to read you when you bet the flop and do have the nuts. I've probably left out some reasons. In short, I think you should bet this flop. Otherwise, fine.

Hand #2. Fine. One could make a good case for folding rather than completing before the flop. It's a pretty ragged looking starting hand. But I'd probably have seen the flop the same as you. After the flop two pair, deuces and sevens is not worth a bet or a call.

Hand #3. Fine. No suggestions. Your starting hand is a dog, but then you flop two pair, queens and jacks and low is not possible. But your two high pair are not strong enough to slow-play so you bet and win the pot. Fine.

Buzz
Old 09-01-2005, 08:33 AM

Default Re: Some hands from the blinds

I agree with Buzz.

But I think I would have folded from the SB with Hand 2, 2447 ds. Good flops for this hand are few and far between. Flopping a set of 4s is not that great and flopping A3 is a lot to hope for. All of those saved, half small bets add up at the end of the night.