Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2002, 01:40 AM

Default Re: them nights is some of the best games!!!

a lot of the time i find really great games in LA in the middle of the night midweeks because that's when all the pros and reasonable players with real jobs are home in bed and it's just me and all the sad sick lonely gambling addicts who cant wait till the weekend.
Old 03-23-2002, 02:37 AM

I marvel when I go to the LA card clubs and find that there are so many good games that I have trouble choosing which might be the best. The games are pretty much good all the time at the large clubs. I don't think I am giving up much equity to hang out with my buddies on the weekend nights. I work full-time, and so do most people I know, so hanging out on the weekdays is just too tiring for most. Poker is for weekday nights and weekend days fo' me.

DN
Old 03-23-2002, 05:30 AM

I think you just summed it up fairly well. There is such a multitude of good games all the time that you are probably giving up only a little by avoiding weekends. If weekends are your only real social times then I would totally agree that giving up a small amount of expectation is way better then helping to kill off a social life. In fact giving up a lot of expectation is almost surely worth it too unless you really need the money.

Kris