Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2005, 10:23 PM

Default my 1/2, 2/4 stats

i am breaking even to losing over 10k hands, could anyone take a look at these and let me know if you see any problems (or refer me to a thread that lists winning #s):
volput in pot: 15.74
vpsb 33.7
went to showdown: 27.6
won $ at sd: 54.62
pfr: 6.07
Aggres factor pf: .52
flop: 2.27
turn: 2.63
river: 1.32
net: 1.12
folded to river bet: 41
Thanks , any comments welcome
Old 01-02-2005, 12:24 AM

Default Re: my 1/2, 2/4 stats

Hi Bodi,

You're tight/weak. For someone who only enters a few pots, you're way too quick to fold. Your went to showdown % should be up around 35 since you play so few pots (because you'll have a better hand more often than a looser player). You could also stand to be quite a bit more aggressive pre-flop. You look like you're at a stage of your development where you've learned not to play too many hands, but you haven't really learned how to play the hands you do play well. I'll bet you never pure bluff, do you? Practice a little to get a feel for it. You should be very effective at it as tight as you are. Here's an exercise: whenever you see a flop and everybody checks, bet the turn no matter what comes and no matter what your cards are. I guarantee you this bet will have, at worst, a zero expectation. This will be some good practice at learning to be aggressive. Being a tight/aggressive player does not mean betting and raising with the best hand. That's still tight/weak. A true tight/aggressive approach means being willing to play varioues situations and not just your cards.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:35 AM

I agree mostly with your non-broke up post.

I'm not totally convinced about the players stat reflecting a ton. 10k is still very small where you could get a bad run of cards or bad beats to bring down some numbers.

One thing for sure, your aggression is way too low.

The idea of learning good semi bluff or pure bluff situations isn't something a newer player needs to concentrate on, also being it's not a huge part of lower limit fixed hold'em.

I'd work on your aggression most. If you have problems or some hands you are wondering about, post them.
Old 01-02-2005, 02:15 AM

thanks, i appreciate the responses. i'm working on a new years resolution of attaining positive ev in holdem.
Old 01-02-2005, 04:15 AM

Post hands in micro/small stakes. Read small stakes hands.
Old 01-04-2005, 04:20 AM

I was interested, Benman, in your definition of tight/aggressive. Thanks......
I am a beginner, too - guess the best way to learn tight/aggressive is to read the posts in this Forum.
Good luck to you, Bodi - sorry to butt in on your
thread.

[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="red"> </font>
Old 01-04-2005, 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Bodi,

You're tight/weak. I'll bet you never pure bluff, do you? Practice a little to get a feel for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

be careful with this and pick the players wisely

I agree with many of the pts otherwise stated: raise more preflop, value bet more on the river