Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2005, 01:35 AM

Default Re: A good tip for newbies from a newbie

Definitely go easy on the multitabling. It is more important to think and understand the decisions you make than to sqeeze in x number of hands per hour. That will come with practice and improvement. It took me a long time to finally be able to 4-table .5/1 at PP successfully. Now after beating the game fairly easily, I've went back to 2 and 3 tabling at 1/2 until I get a feel for the game.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:22 AM

Im kinda new to online play as well. And yeah you gotta watch what you are doing. Stay focused. Allways practice good risk management with your money. Risk management means control your losses. Set limits to how much you will loose in a game and walk away when your limit gets hit. Dont stay in to try to win it back. When you start thinking like that you start taking stupid risks. As soon as you notice you are doing stupid stuff, tighten up you game and only play your best hands. Once you get back on track and feel confident, then try to steal a few pots with crap hands.
Online play moves fast, so you may notice yourself swing thru waves of good play and sloppy play. When your playing well capitalize on it, when you notice yourself getting sloppy give your head a shake and get back to work.

Stever [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
www.TheManWithTheAxe.com
Old 02-03-2005, 11:39 AM

Also you are going to have to be ready for the swings of the game. Even if you had a winning month, don't expect to be a winner all the time. I think we've all read about the -510BB downswing of david ross. You have to play the limits your bankroll can afford. We aren't always going to be winners here and when we lose you will have to be ready for the emotional and mental swings as well.

You can easily win 2k a month, but be prepared that there is a possibility you can lose it all back just as quickly.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:31 PM

Are you playing solely online or are you playing live games as well? Limit or No Limit and what stakes have you achieved this win at this month?
AKHearts