Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Thoughts on Empire Poker and the Zoo

Their reply:

[ QUOTE ]
With reference to your email, we would like to inform you that if you have an account with our site then you then you can decide when to deposit and when to cashout as per your requirement. However, if these are done for misusing any feature of ours such as solely for availing bonuses then we will take appropriate action against it.

However, please note that we will not close any account without any valid and strong proofs and also not before a thorough investigation in to the matter

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds to me as long as you keep your account up, and use it they don't have a problem with it.

I hadn't been, because I had to withdraw most of my stake, but I'll drop some money over there and run a table over there the same time I run a Party table. It's all the same to me.

KO
Old 05-06-2005, 07:04 PM

>Where else are you going to go? Full Tilt? Lol, not likely.

Party is #1 site on the PokerPulse list. Full Tilt is #13. There are 11 sites in between, a few looser than Party, a few with better promotions than Party - plenty to chose from.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait, why is Empire wrong for not allowing people who only play for the bonuses once a month (which are -EV for the site if you leave right after)? As long as they don't prevent you from cashing out iI don't see the problem with it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think I have seen anyone argue their business decision is wrong. Most of the pain has come from the way they went about it. I fully understand the business decision, including the one not to pay attention to me after they boot me because they are wasting resources on someone that they don't want back as a customer anyway.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:34 PM

My latest e-mail response :

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for contacting customer support.

Unfortunately we cannot provide you with further information. The account has been closed due to Management desicion.

If you have any more concerns or suggestions please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

Evrita
Empire Poker
VIP Players Club
Customer Support Team

If I have any MORE concerns ?? How about answering any of the ones that I sent to them previously.

I will definately be having some fun with this !!

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] busguy
Old 05-07-2005, 05:32 AM

Holy crap, busguy!!

I just pulled all my money outta Empire and am not gonna go for the Tuesday bonus.

You live in Vancouver. I live in Vancouver.
That's something in common. I better not risk it.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:19 AM

Holy [censored]. I hadn't thought of that. I bet TSC has something to do with this and it is somehow a "Canadian" thing !!

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] busguy
Old 05-07-2005, 11:37 AM

Bonuses have a snowball effect. Why does everyone play on the party network? Because they have so many players. Why do they have so many players? Because so many people whore every bonus every time it comes out.

Do you think cryptos would have more than 500 peak players if they didn't have any bonuses?
Old 05-07-2005, 12:19 PM

This could become very entertaining shortly. I believe the limited number of closings is because this is only round one of the player base scrub at Empire. The entertainment value will come when future rounds hit and all these "know-it-alls" accusing those with closed accounts of cheating, chip-dumping, gnoming, etc get their accounts closed and come in whining and crying about it. Massive quoting occurs. Gnashing of teeth. Negative vibes. Chaos and mayhem comes to 2+2.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The point of these bonuses is to give players an incentive to play poker there. If you are playing strictly for the bonuses,

[/ QUOTE ]

The bonuses have done EXACTLY what Empire intended. Do you not see the irony of giving a bonus to GIVE AN INCENTIVE to play a site then complaining people play for the bonus?

In the interest of full disclosure, I do NOT have accounts at any Party skin ONLY Party and I can only tolerate Party long enough to clear a bonus and throw Party a few hours of micro limit play above bonus clearing.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:51 AM

what is chip-dumping?