Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2005, 02:02 PM

Default Re: How to be productive with LIFE? (3hrs poker, other 13hrs wasted) :

[ QUOTE ]
i'm surviving off poker right now. (jan= 1yr mark)

i see this great opportunity in front of me with all this free time, yet i'm wasting it.

i play ~20hrs/week so that's about 3hrs/day. i'm wasting the other 13hrs with surfing the web, tv, or day dreaming. (i cant get myself to play more than ~3hrs/day.)

there are a few hrs here and there where i hang out with friends or do something productive. I've also traveled some... Vegas, San Fran, NY.

but a vast majority of the time i feel like i'm wasting it.

Why am i not seizing the moment? Why am i not taking advantage of this opportunity?

And how to break out of it?

THX!

[/ QUOTE ]

this was my experience the first 2 months of playing for a living...then i got a chic and started forcing myself to be more social...I also played at an office I rented and not at home...this playing and working and sleeping and eating and crapping all in the same place kinda wears on you after awhile.

i still felt a bit of a void though. So I packed it up and now I play from internet cafe's while I travel. That did the trick. I play about 3 hours a day also, and the other 13 are pretty damned action packed and rewarding for the most part, much much more fulfilling.

gl