Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Poker Prophecy Software

it seems to me that it would be useful in cetain situations. Weak players for the most part play loose either passive or aggressive. Wouldn't it be helpful to know how well someone has been playing prior to making a call against a large bet. As long as the info is accurate I think it would be helpful. They let you sample 5 people's names. I found it helpful on making a call against a loose aggressive player. He had a win rate of 21%. I had K10 in BB. Blinds were 15/30. He was in the CO and min raised. We were 7 handed. I called. Flop was K 7 3 rainbow. I checked he went all in. I checked his win rate. Called based on the fact that he had a 21% Win rate. He showed K8, and I took down the pot. It was helpful in this one situation. I have an N of 1 though. Before I buy the software I wanted to know if anyone else is using this software to make tough calls like this. The large overbet was also a signal that this guy was a fish, but if he would have had a win rate of >40% I probably wouldn't have called.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:07 PM

it is currently useless for table selection. PP relies on PArty software for updates. and you know how bad Party software is. it might list 1 player at the table, but when you double click to see the table, there might be 8 players already sitting there.

and PP is useless for multitabling selection. once you sit at a table, it will only give you stats on that table.

so if you 4 table, and *IF* party software updates fast enough that you PP is able to retrieve names from the tables, it'll only help with table selection for 1 table.

you'll have to manually enter names for the other 3 tables. that is a pain, and is inconvienent. not to mention that you'll only have time to enter like 2 names before the table fills up.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PP relies on PArty software for updates. and you know how bad Party software is. it might list 1 player at the table, but when you double click to see the table, there might be 8 players already sitting there.

[/ QUOTE ]

We actually have developed a bit of a work around for this at the start of May, Party Poker changed up a few things(mainly updating very slowly) on us so we had to change a few paremeters and add on some systems. If you go to www.pokerprophecy.com, data history you can see we have improved from our decline and we will hopefully reach our goal of 20,000 games recorded today.

[ QUOTE ]

it is currently useless for table selection. PP relies on PArty software for updates. and you know how bad Party software is. it might list 1 player at the table, but when you double click to see the table, there might be 8 players already sitting there.

and PP is useless for multitabling selection. once you sit at a table, it will only give you stats on that table.

so if you 4 table, and *IF* party software updates fast enough that you PP is able to retrieve names from the tables, it'll only help with table selection for 1 table.

you'll have to manually enter names for the other 3 tables. that is a pain, and is inconvienent. not to mention that you'll only have time to enter like 2 names before the table fills up.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are also going to be adding two features to help with the above situations.

First we are adding a table selection, much like the player selection, type in the table and get your data.

Second we are adding an automatic search feature that as soon as a player sits down at a table Poker Prophecy will update your table list so no more waiting on the Lobby to update.

If any one has any more suggestions or comments please let me know via post or pm, Thanks.