Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 06:54 AM

Default AKo ui vs TAA

UTG is TAA, the rest of the guys are loose.

---

Firstly, what do you think of the river call?

Secondly, how do you think I played the rest of the hand?

---

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $3.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, BB folds.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 folds.

River: (8.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB
Old 07-10-2005, 07:00 AM

Default Re: AKo ui vs TAA

The river call is fine IMO. If you decide to continue the hand after the flop raise. You want to drive some players out to increase your equity
Old 07-10-2005, 07:07 AM

I usually will raise if right behind the tag on flops like this. If anyone behind me cold calls im dumping the turn ui or folding to a flop 3 bet behind me depending on a read.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:17 AM

I call the flop and fold the turn UI. I don't think the TAG is betting overcards into the preflop raiser on both flop and turn, and although MP3 is loose the fact that he found reason to call the flop is also cause for some concern.

Most likely UTG has a pocket pair, but you could be drawing
dead.

Since you reached the river, I would fold here as well. I just don't see a TAG playing overcards this way.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:03 AM

Villain tables 66.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:04 AM

On the flop, I think a low/medium pocket pair is the TAG's most likely hand. A hand like A5s is also possible. I doubt it's just overcards, but I guess you never know.

I'm not feeling too comfortable on the turn. Although 33-22 did just get counterfeited, and you do have 6 outs against a hand like 77, you could also be drawing dead.

On the river, you are beating 33-22 and chopping with hands like A3s and A2s. I wouldn't ordinarily call in this spot, but if the call was based on something you'd noticed about UTG's play, then I think it could be all right.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:27 AM

Not that I am advocating it (I'd have to observe his play), but if you are going to call the river, why not raise the turn. There's a chance he'll fold overpairs (as a scary card has just dropped and he also has to worry about a slowplay). If he reraises, you are done. If he just calls, there's a good chance you'll get a free showdown.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:50 AM

i usually won't call this river. villian EXPECTS you to call with AK here which is exactly why its usually going to lose here.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:24 AM

I think that calling the river is bad. If he is a TAG, it seems very likely that he has a non-Bdwy overpair, or possibly a suited ace. You will never win more than half of the pot by calling the river.