Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications

Old 12-26-2005, 01:07 AM

Default Real Poker I and II

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of Real Poker 1? I searched Amazon, Ebay, and even Googled it and nothing. I heard this book is awesome, a collection of his greatest articles about 400 pages long. Also, is the Real Poker II book that just got published the exact same as the old one? I got the new one for Christmas and can't wait to start it just wondering if they are the same thing or not. Thanks
Old 12-26-2005, 07:30 AM

Default Re: Real Poker I and II

Hi mxer:

I didn't think Real Poker I was awesome, and I suspect that Cooke didn't either. It was terribly written and the editing was even worse, plus it included a number of essays that were personal in nature and in my opinion a few were downright embarrassing.

But it also included some very good articles about the play of hands. So what Cooke did was he took the good articles and put them in a second book and added some other ones that he had written after the publication of the first book, thus producing Real Poker II. So I wouldn't bother with Real Poker I.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 12-26-2005, 09:01 AM

Default Re: Real Poker I and II

Real Poker 3 is also coming out in 2006.