Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 12:07 PM

Default 2/5 MGM, Unusual Situation. Exposed cards.

Playing 2/5.

Relevant info:

I have a pretty crazy image. Ive shown some bluffs, been straddling every time and basically been unafraid to put lots of money in the pot. Ive put in a big preflop reraise before and shown down a weak hand.

Villains in this hand.
UTG+2-Straightfoward...Ive been talking to him for a while and he miraculously told me about the "tell" he picked up on me, which was actually a false tell i was sending, but nonetheless...anyways he picked it up from caro so we know hes a little educated...just not too bright. He actually respects my play.

MP player: On some kind of tilt. Had a big stack when I first sat down. Since I called him down with a pair of 7s and he was bluffing every street, things have been downhill and hes rebought a couple times. Thinks im a donk.

UTG+1 w/ QQ and about 6-700 behind.
I make it 20 to go. UTG+2 with about 500 makes it 40. MP smooth calls and it gets back to me. UTG+2 looked uncomfortable about MP's call so I make it 200. UTG+2 folds AQs face up on the table. MP calls.

Pot is 447.

Flop is A 8 4 rainbow.

Action?

-JP
Old 04-27-2005, 01:30 PM

Default Re: 2/5 MGM, Unusual Situation. Exposed cards.

tough decision, you honestly just need to forget that ace ever came out..you need to play those queens the same way you would if you hadnt seen it....id probly put a check in or a small bet (1/4-1/2 pot ) if he has an ace , you're screwed
Old 04-27-2005, 08:11 PM

Agreed. I would also either check or bet.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Agreed. I would also either check or bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I would definitely check or bet here. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Anyway, I think it's more likely that you're ahead of a wired pair here than behind an Ace, and he only has one bet left, so either check/call or bet out, depending on how likely he is to bet at it.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:43 AM

Yah I decided open folding was retarded and there was no bet yet to raise so I decided i should either...check or bet.

Thanks for all the useful advice.

-JP'

FWIW I was very certain at this point he had JJ and got greedy and pushed and he called and MHWG.

-JP