Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Interview w/ The Mouth

ACG,

"Can you imagine someone having the balls to tell you that if you are both equally promoting and participating in the event?"

Have you ever heard of boxing? Or movies? Or about a million other things. Your comment is super weird.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:55 PM

All,

I have no idea how much of any of the stuff written and on TV is true, but Mike definitely seems to be a very interesting person, much more so than many other well-known players.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:13 PM

While he comes across as genuine in the interview I can't help thinking his emotional intelligence (if not his normal intelligence) is really low. What would cause you to blow $400,000 online be pennyless, then win 1,000,000 only to blow most of that again. Rinse, repeat... the story of his life.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems to me like he is a good poker player, but a horrible poker professional. He seems to have no regard for any money he earns.

And how does somebody lose $400,000 playing online?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not that hard to lose 40buy-ins while tilted and playing in a sh agressive game with good opponents.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:07 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

i dont think so. this happened to me this past august.

i was out of the country for 3 weeks with no computer access. i came back to find one of my ub accounts cleaned out of 15k. i have no idea how the dood got in my account. but it appears he looked for players to sell my ub money to for a transfer on stars. there were 3 players on ub, matusow being one of them who received 5k from my account.

i sorted the thing out with ub, but, to this day, i dont know how the person got in my account.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:40 PM

Matusow is definitely saying Raymer came after him because he kept raising his blind, re-raising the Mouth's bets, etc. It wasn't that Raymer was tossing expletives at Fossilman.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont think so. this happened to me this past august.

i was out of the country for 3 weeks with no computer access. i came back to find one of my ub accounts cleaned out of 15k. i have no idea how the dood got in my account. but it appears he looked for players to sell my ub money to for a transfer on stars. there were 3 players on ub, matusow being one of them who received 5k from my account.

i sorted the thing out with ub, but, to this day, i dont know how the person got in my account.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean sorted the thing out with UB? did they give you your money back? who did the transfer go to on stars? were they helpful?

sorry to be nosy, thanks for sharing
Old 12-07-2005, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Matusow is definitely saying Raymer came after him because he kept raising his blind, re-raising the Mouth's bets, etc. It wasn't that Raymer was tossing expletives at Fossilman.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what we're assuming, but I'd like Greg to clear that up if he would, since A- he's probably around and B- there's some ambiguity there.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:46 PM

there was this one guy who was in jail -- he was just stuck in there and needed to get out -- and I put up his bail and he's out right now. I'm supposed to get the money back, but this was some guy I barely knew and the fact that he hated being in there so much really bothered me. So I wanted to get him out.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2005, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, this was a good interview. I've always liked Matusow, and this reinforced that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike you are the man!