Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-01-2005, 12:37 PM

Default experienced sssh - general guidelines?

Quick preface. I did a search but it gave me nothing. Maybe I was wording it wrong. Anyway, I know a lot of you play 6max online, my play is live.

I play 40+ hrs. a week. Lately, cause of time change on my playing hours, I'm starting to end up in 5 or 6 handed games for couple hours at a time.

Some refuse to play this way and actually go wait 'til tables fill up. I relish the opportunity for different type experienc but feel like I'm flailing aroung at times.

Here is what little I do know. One of 2+2 books says to adjust hand selection by position from button ( like you might be after BB but choose like you are MP3,etc. ? )

I have been a little successful raising hands usually wouldn't , like QTo. But, often feel like I have no feel for am I not in enough hands or am I loosening up too much.

I feel like experience is extremely important is what seems like a more "feel" type of game. So,, in the meantime , is there a list or top five "key thoughts" or something you veterans could share with me I would appreciate it much.

thanks, Jim
Old 12-01-2005, 12:44 PM

Default Re: experienced sssh - general guidelines?

Here's a thread that links a ton of good 6 max info on it. In it you will find Wookies baby steps thread which should be your first read. If you look through everything linked in that thread you will get tons of good 6max info from people much less aggressive for aggressive's sakes than me so I won't give you any of my own donkish advice.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:59 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...&PHPSESSID=
Old 12-01-2005, 01:05 PM

This is exactly what I was hoping for when I did the search. Already skimmed first page and have thread toggled into my favorites. Thank you.