Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 01:04 AM

Default Collusion in Paradise Million

This was very annoying last night playing the Paradise Million freeroll.

We get down to about 40 people left (Spot to event for top 30) and the usualy stalling is going on at all the tables. For kicks, I decide to see if the other tables are stalling as much as my table is. Then I go to one of the tables and find the players chatting about folding every hand and letting the big blind win that way none of them gets knocked out. After mentioning it to our table, they start making comments about how all of them are going to make it.

I got so pissed off that I emailed support and surprise, surprise, they never responded to my email. These companies just don't get it. It's customer service that will eventually be the difference in which sites are most successful and the only ones that seem to try to pay attention to that is Stars and Absolute.

Ok, enough of my rant.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:07 AM

Default Re: Collusion in Paradise Million

i know nothing will ever come of it.
but, once you get to the bubble, there are always table champions that try to get the rest of the table to do that. I think it's mainly poeple who rarely if ever make the money.

I doubt anything will ever be done about it.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:07 AM

Thats why stars turns off chat completely near the end of the sat tournies.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thats why stars turns off chat completely near the end of the sat tournies.

[/ QUOTE ]
sometimes i don't think they turn it off soon enough, but at least they are doing something about it.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:20 AM

I wish they did block chat on the bubble.

I was playing WCOOP qualifier yesterday, and an _observer_ suggested folding to BB, to which I commented that once it's said explicitly, it becomes collusion, so thanks for nothing. Immediately the other table started talking about calling support because ours is colluding.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:43 AM

This table captain phenomenon always baffled me. It's like, we're 10 random sets of pixels assigned to the same poker table on the Internet, and yet we're going to pretend we're blood brothers who all must qualify together. It's silly.

I really don't get the stalling in the Party speed tournaments either. People try to claim there's some deep strategy to stalling with 100 people to be eliminated before the money, but I have to say I just don't get it. "We can't afford to pay 2 or 3 blinds apiece while all the other tables stall," they say. Ok, but, when you pay the blinds, where does the money go? Does it fall off the table? Seems to me you would do better by playing poker, letting people accumulate chips, knocking people out which results in new money coming to the table... but what do I know?
Old 08-01-2005, 08:32 AM

I was in the Paradise Million Freeroll Sat night at 9P and nothing like this came up. I busted out 36th and top 20 moved on. I don't think there were 3 things said in chat all night.

They sure like to move tables though. Like musical chairs.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:01 PM

Another stupid thing that they do is allow people who have already qualified to play again. One guy came to our table very early with about 6,500. He said that he already qualified and was just going all in every hand because he didn't care. About 5 hands in, he is called and doubles up the chip leader at the table.

BTW, still no email response. So much for 5-10 minute response they mention on their site.