Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 7 vs. 10
Jerry Remy 24 25.81%
Dan Dierdorf 69 74.19%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2005, 10:04 PM

Default Re: New Partymine sugesstions

i'd also like the option of having the program gather the hand history data and save it to a text files(like StarSpy did) in case i don't want to run PT or i'm mining on a computer without it. maybe even be able seperate them into different folders for each limit/game
Old 11-26-2005, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd also like the option of having the program gather the hand history data and save it to a text files(like StarSpy did) in case i don't want to run PT or i'm mining on a computer without it. maybe even be able seperate them into different folders for each limit/game

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Right now, I am manually mining most of the Party 3/6 games whenever I can, but I have to open all the tables manually and copy the .hhf files to a new folder manually. I don't have PT installed on this machine yet.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:40 PM

I agree with everything he's saying. I guess you want to check if I'm sitting at a table, and if I am, do not minimize or close that window. Also, its kinda annoying when I open tables manually, PartyMine will continue to try to open 10 tables on its own, leading to the annoying Party popup that I can only open ten tables at a time. Thanks!
Old 11-28-2005, 09:16 PM

Any progress here SupaBill?

My chubby continues, unabated.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any progress here SupaBill?

[/ QUOTE ]

Keeping 70+ tables open manually gets old. I'm anxiously awaiting the release of your software! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2005, 01:10 AM

Elaborate a little more on the needs of the hand history move. Is it sufficient to have a button for when you are done mining? It would shutdown tables and move hhf files to some specified directory. I'm thinking moving these files while mining/playing could be problematic.

Progress in general has been good, late this week I should have something. I got 2 pm's about beta testers so let me know anyone else is interested. let me know what kind of mining you want to do(80 tables while sleeping, 10 tables while playing, just a general idea)...

SNG support will probably not be in the initial release as its a bit tricky with the timing of games starting etc, but it'll should be soon after. if you play a lot of SNGs pm me aswell so I can ask you some questions...

I'm very excited to get this program done and let you guys see it. I don't think you will be dissapointed.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Someone tell me some stuff about sng mining...if a table with empty seats opens and the tournament hasn’t started, is that table guaranteed to start eventually when 10 players sit down, or does it ever fail and kick the players off for whatever reason. Do they ever start tournamentss without a full 10 players or what...

[/ QUOTE ]

a regular no limit sng will always fill up, when you open it and there are open seats it waits until they all fill up and then starts. It will never start until all 10 seats are filled. I guess thats what your asking?
Old 11-29-2005, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Someone tell me some stuff about sng mining...if a table with empty seats opens and the tournament hasn’t started, is that table guaranteed to start eventually when 10 players sit down, or does it ever fail and kick the players off for whatever reason. Do they ever start tournamentss without a full 10 players or what...

[/ QUOTE ]

a regular no limit sng will always fill up, when you open it and there are open seats it waits until they all fill up and then starts. It will never start until all 10 seats are filled. I guess thats what your asking?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm more wondering if there are ever situations where it would get cancelled or not start with 10 players.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:13 PM

About moving the HHF files (i sent this to Bill via PM too, but i thought it was important):

I understand what ppl are talking about with the HHF move, but I think it's superfluous and shouldn't be the focus of the initial beta of this program.

It's only for people who want to play while they mine (which like I wrote, I don't, and i think it's not worth the effort to cater to those people initially, because I think most people realize it's a recipe for disaster anyway when you've got 4 30/60 tables open...or at least something that can be worked on AFTER the original mining function is worked out).

What they're arguing is that because they want to play (using PAHUD) and mine at the same time, PAHUD looks for any HHF files in the PP directory and assumes the plyer is observing them and that he wants to see stats displayed on them...and that means PAHUD slows to a crawl and inevitably crashes by trying to have it query 80 tables worth of players and display the stats...it will DEFINITELY crash the program, no doubt about it. So the people who are advocating simply moving the HHF files are looking for an end-around that situation...they figure since they don't even want PAHUD to see all those HHF (because they're only open for mining purposes), if they just MOVE the HHF files, PAHUD won't recognize them, and therefore PAHUD will only display stats on the tables they're actually playing.

There is a whole host of difficulties with this situation. I won't name them all, but for starters, it will make it impossible to distinguish when you DO want the HHF files moved (a very small % of the time), and when you DON'T...after all, often times I open up a ton of tables to choose the best ones, and i NEED stats displayed on them all.

There's tons of other complications too, but in short, I think you need to just get the multi-client mining feature working and bug-free, and then work on add-ons.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
About moving the HHF files (i sent this to Bill via PM too, but i thought it was important):

I understand what ppl are talking about with the HHF move, but I think it's superfluous and shouldn't be the focus of the initial beta of this program.

It's only for people who want to play while they mine (which like I wrote, I don't, and i think it's not worth the effort to cater to those people initially, because I think most people realize it's a recipe for disaster anyway when you've got 4 30/60 tables open...or at least something that can be worked on AFTER the original mining function is worked out).

What they're arguing is that because they want to play (using PAHUD) and mine at the same time, PAHUD looks for any HHF files in the PP directory and assumes the plyer is observing them and that he wants to see stats displayed on them...and that means PAHUD slows to a crawl and inevitably crashes by trying to have it query 80 tables worth of players and display the stats...it will DEFINITELY crash the program, no doubt about it. So the people who are advocating simply moving the HHF files are looking for an end-around that situation...they figure since they don't even want PAHUD to see all those HHF (because they're only open for mining purposes), if they just MOVE the HHF files, PAHUD won't recognize them, and therefore PAHUD will only display stats on the tables they're actually playing.

There is a whole host of difficulties with this situation. I won't name them all, but for starters, it will make it impossible to distinguish when you DO want the HHF files moved (a very small % of the time), and when you DON'T...after all, often times I open up a ton of tables to choose the best ones, and i NEED stats displayed on them all.

There's tons of other complications too, but in short, I think you need to just get the multi-client mining feature working and bug-free, and then work on add-ons.

[/ QUOTE ]

aren't hhf files kept in the root party poker directory, and tables you are seated at are logged to HandHistory/screenname subfolder? has anyone tried to reconfigure PA HUD to only look in PartyPoker/HandHistory/screenname directory??