Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Balt/NYJ ov/und 31??

[ QUOTE ]

Not intended to be an argument against the over, but Wright is not better than Boller. Plenty has been said about young Kyle but he has a much stronger arm than and doesn't turn the ball over near as often as Anthony Wright:

Boller

711 career pass attempts, 21 INT; 137 rushes and times sacked, 21 fumbles

Wright

400 career pass attempts, 19 INT; 101 rushes and times sacked, 17 fumbles

This is a game of two very inexperienced starting QBs. Although I don't see Balt. scoring 30, this is a situation ripe for own field turnovers. If I was forced to play the total, I'd go over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anthony Wright isn't a terribly inexperienced QB. He led to Ravens to a good run of victories a couple years ago, and has been in Baltimore long enough to know the system well. He isn't necessarily good enough to start in the NFL, but he's a capable backup, and I think his arm is sufficiently strong to launch a couple of balls to Derrick Mason. Throw in a couple of the turnovers that your stats indicate he is prone to, and the over looks pretty good.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Balt/NYJ ov/und 31??

A few years ago playing over totals of 34 or below wasn't a bad trend but I think it regressed significantly to 50-50 over a couple seasons. I agree with your points about Wright, Jackmama. However it's easy to forget Boller has a winning record as starter also! Hard to believe, I know, though I admit to being one of his few backers for the long-term.