Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Re: I hate banks(please help me)

[ QUOTE ]
Did you ask to speak with the CSR's manager? Just be insistent and then explain the situation to him/her including how long you have been a customer, how you are going to school, how this is EXTREMELY inconvenient, etc. Don't hang up. Stay on the phone for 30 minutes and when you come to an obstacle just ask for the next manager up and be insistent. Keep saying 'if you can't help me, I'd really like to speak with your manager'. I give you a 75% chance of having it work out if you are persistent enough. Trust me. They don't want to be helpful. You just need to fight through the bureaucracy. There is someone in that bank who can get you what you need. You just have to find that person and convince them that it is worth their time and effort to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

unfortunately, this is very good advice.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:51 PM

Getting transferred to a supervisor as we speak.

I'm going to ask him to OVERNIGHT me the notarized lien release and not ship it so it takes 5-7 business days.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:57 PM

Default Scoot calls the bank back

"Hello, my lawyer needs some information about my accounts and this lien before she comes down to talk to your branch manager. Who should I contact about this information?"
Old 08-05-2005, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Scoot calls the bank back

[ QUOTE ]
"Hello, my lawyer needs some information about my accounts and this lien before she comes down to talk to your branch manager. Who should I contact about this information?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Never works. I've tried it before with companies and most of them just say fine then, our legal dept will be in touch.

I just made my last call to M&T. I'm giving up. [censored] them up their stupid asses and I will never use that shitty, shitty bank again.

Again, [censored] M&T bank and all the shitheads that work there.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Scoot calls the bank back

Sorry man. It is never guaranteed. Good luck.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:18 PM

Here is the thing I learned about banks. I hate them especially the large ones. This is I have a local credit union only policy. They are not perfect but in general because they are smaller and corporate account focused they are more responsive.

the truth is that the large banks have completely lost sight of the fact that the individual is their customer who they are actually suppossed to satisfy.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:23 PM

I actually bank at CitiBank and enjoy the experience. I even got them to waive a stop check fee and a wire transfer fee just by asking nicely and explaining that I am a corporate customer, yada yada. A lot of it is just knowing how to talk to them. I work in banking, so I have a lot of experience with it. Many many people prefer the small credit union experience, however. I travel a ton internationally, though, and don't know many CUs which have free overseas ATM access (Citi does).
Old 08-05-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the truth is that the large banks have completely lost sight of the fact that the individual is their customer who they are actually suppossed to satisfy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is their real customer? From TWP's post
<font color="blue">I even got them to waive a stop check fee and a wire transfer fee just by asking nicely [b]and explaining that I am a corporate customer
Old 08-05-2005, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is their real customer? From TWP's post
<font color="blue">I even got them to waive a stop check fee and a wire transfer fee just by asking nicely [b]and explaining that I am a corporate customer

[/ QUOTE ]

yep screw you large banks I'm taking 217.23 balance and going somewhere else [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2005, 04:32 PM

Two words:

Credit Union.