Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2004, 09:25 PM

Default Party Glitches Help Please

These damn glitches have been happening to me a lot recently. I.E. the 5 second countdown timer, kick me off the waitlist without my permission, and my favorite, the good ol' no action buttons when it is my action. My question is, when these happen to you, do you keep playing at the same table, or do you move, hoping it will go away? Also, what causes this? Is it multi-tabling or changing the image files or just another glitch? Above all, how do you guys deal with this crap; should I relaunch the software or redownload it or what? Help please.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:04 PM

Default Re: Party Glitches Help Please

Try redownloading it.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:26 PM

I tried everything to get rid of this including redownloading it, changing computers and getting DSL. Nothing worked until I downloaded a spyware program and swept my computer deleting a lot. Problem hasn't come back. Maybe a coincidence but maybe not.
Old 12-04-2004, 05:07 PM

Bump

Begin Rant

This is really pissing me off. This began (conicidentally?) when I began to play 6 tables about a week ago, and since then I cannot play a session without getting overrun with this crap. Just all of the sudden the timer will start going to like 3 seconds and then a couple minutes later I just won't be able to act on my hands. Its odd though, it doesnt say I did not act in time, it says I was disconnected...WTF?? My connection is fine!! I emailed support two days ago but no response. And its not just party all of the skins do this. I have tried downloading and redownloading the software, no good. Running an Ad-aware sweep does not help either. Seriously I need some help, and I DO NOT want to change sites.

Rant Over.
Old 12-04-2004, 06:42 PM

I see many post on this subject and I have never had any glitches on party. It could have to do with your computer, you are gaming and should have sufficient computer power to do so. What kind of processor do you have and how much ram and what kind of video card? I am not saying that it is not party that is to blame but there may be other reasons.
Old 12-05-2004, 01:48 PM

This type of problem may be due to some routing problems within your ISP's network. Try reporting the problems to your ISP's technical support (good luck!).
Old 12-05-2004, 02:22 PM

The thing that pisses me off is when I click wait for the big blind and it just automatically sits me out instead of asking me to post my blind when it becomes my turn.
Old 12-05-2004, 04:10 PM

Its definately not a problem with my system. Im running a brand new P4 3.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, 100GB Hard Drive HP Pavillion Notebook.

On a side note, I received a response from Empire today giving directions on how to "aid" my problems. Their reccomendations involved manually clearing my Temp. Internet Files, Cookies, etc. which I do on a regular basis using CrapCleaner. But I followed their directions anyway, and my next session was glitch-free somehow. Whatever. We'll see how the next few go to be sure this wasn't a coincidince.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:40 AM

I really hate this glitch too. I think it comes up when you click "wait for bb" and then open another table, or sit at that new table. Very annoying when you try to set up 4 tables and end up posting UTG+1 out of frustration.