Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 10:44 AM

Default Fraud

I was a recent victim of fraud. While I was playing at Pacific Poker, someone on the chat line claimed that Pacific poker was offering a $100bonus @www.pacificpoker.ms/100free (login and password was required). So I signed up. Since I did not get my bonus immediately, I e-mailed Pacific and asked them if the site was real. By the time I logged in the next evening, by account had been cleaned out. During the time my account was being cleaned out, Pacific's help department sent me an e-mail saying that the promotion was for begginers. Apparently, the representative had not read my e-mail clearly stating that the site www.pacificpoker.ms/100free was offering the bonus. The representative could clearly have minimized the damage if he/she had done their job. What recourse do I have to Pacific? Any help would be much appreciated.

(Edit/MH: Changed your title to read "Fraud".)
Old 10-23-2005, 10:55 AM

Default Re: fraus

1. I'm not sure if there's anything you can do. Sorry I can't help.

2. Did they actually confirm that the bonus was legit BEFORE you went to the site?

3. You should probably be more careful with things that are spammed to you in the chat box. How often are those legit?
Old 10-23-2005, 11:12 AM

I went to them with the problem after signing up for the bonus. But are they not partly liable for not verifying after I e-mailed them. They could have prevented/minimized if they had investigated after my e-mail. Instead, the representative seemed to have done a half hearted effort to investigate before responding to my e-mail.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I went to them with the problem after signing up for the bonus. But are they not partly liable for not verifying after I e-mailed them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel for you, but I don't think so. You got caught in a scam related to their site. If you had asked them to verify, they said "ok" based on little or no research, and then you got cleaned out I would say you could blame them. But their failure to follow up properly AFTER you lost all your money is kind of irrelevant. Just my opinion, I'm no expert.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(login and password was required).

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic phishing trick. Never enter login or password information into any website that isn't the regular login page. This is for any type of account. Do not click on a link in an email to get to the login page (especially if the email says there is a problem with your account that needs immediate attention).
Old 10-23-2005, 10:23 PM

They sent their reply BEFORE I was cleaned out. If they had done some research (read my e-mail) they would have figured that the site was fake. Doesn't that count for something?
Old 10-23-2005, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They sent their reply BEFORE I was cleaned out. If they had done some research (read my e-mail) they would have figured that the site was fake. Doesn't that count for something?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, sorry to be blunt but you were dumb so don't blame others for your stupidity.

Take this as a lesson learned and move on.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, sorry to be blunt but you were dumb so don't blame others for your stupidity.

Take this as a lesson learned and move on.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-23-2005, 10:48 PM

Default Re: Fraud

Yes it is their fault. Just like it would be Exxon's fault if you got watered down gas which blew up your engine after e-mailing them and they neglected to mention that you didn't fill up at their gas station.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:54 PM

Default Re: Fraud

BWAAHAHAHAHAHA

this has to be a troll, nobody is this [censored] stupid.