Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2005, 06:15 PM

Default bet strategy

if you are not counting and are unaware of the count what is a good bet strategy. My friend told me to always bet the same amount, but i told him to win you would have to win more hands than the dealer, at tough task. He told me a progressive bet strategy is stupid. Im pretty sure he is way wrong, but what is the ideal betting strategy.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Re: bet strategy

Your friend is right. Bet the minimum.

http://www.bj21.com/bj_reference/main.html
Old 02-08-2005, 08:49 PM

I agree, the progressive bet theory is stupid. However, after thinking about it.... it might actually slightly improve your EV in blackjack. Let me explain.

First, I am talking about the progressive bet theory (maybe mine is different from others), where you only increase your bet after winning, but keep your bet at the table minimum after losing.

Obviously, using this method will never be as profitable as counting in the long run. However, your big wins are going to come when you get your long winning streaks, and you win several big bets in a row. When is this most likely to happen? When the count is in your favor. When the count is not in your favor, and you are losing most of your hands, you will keep betting the table minimum.

Now, I don't think there is anyway this theory could overcome the house edge, but maybe, it just happens to make you increase your bet with a positive count enough times that it slightly reduces the house edge.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:31 PM

Well, I don't think so, see link in my above post. You obviously haven't experienced getting several BJ's and face cards and winning in a negative count, only to push out your big bet in a juicy count, and draw a 16...fun times [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]