Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: Is there a single hand I\'m ahead of here?

I heart you. Nice laydown. You beat AJs here since I don't think he would 3bet with A10 but you never know. He could be sitting with 99 but doubtful. Niiiice fold again but I think I cap it preflop and bet the flop and fold to a raise but im the spewing master so don't listen to me.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No super-accurate reads on button -- I hadn't seen him 3 bet preflop in like an hour though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have ANYTHING on him? You've been with him for an hour, you've got to have some stats, some other hands he's played/showed down, etc?

This is a toughie, because your automatic reaction is going to be, "I've got TPTK and a draw to the nut straight," but @b is right...against even a loose-ish preflop 3-betting range the best you're getting is a split, so you have to cut your odds in half and you don't have enough to continue. Good laydown.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:58 PM

Eskimo - bet/3bet flop? What does that accomplish?

bozlax - I dunno. I'm 4 tabling and I don't use PT. If he had done anything super-weird I would have noticed it, but he hadn't. Just your average pretty loose, not terribly aggressive .5/1 player.

To those who said peel one, what card am I looking for? I guess if one of the 2 Qs left hits I'm okay, but one of those is a club so even that out is sorta tainted.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:01 PM

This is why we have reads on people. You're not getting any accurate advice without them.

The chances you're ahead of AJ + your gutshot draw make this an easy call.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:04 PM

Frank - 1. No, I haven't been capping AQs preflop. Maybe I should be.

2. I don't even remember what hand won this, and I definitely was not posting to brag about my Hellmuth-esque laydown skills in Party .5/1. This is probably the only time I've ever layed down TPTK for one SB EVER.

I simply want to know if there's any chance I'm ahead on the flop, and if I'm not, what reasonable draws do I have?
Old 12-13-2005, 03:08 PM

DC - So am I calling down to the river assuming nothing scary hits?

And my gutshot draw is almost certainly to a split pot.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:09 PM

How can you check that flop?

It's a hella-scary board but you must bet out, imho.

If you check and he bets what does that tell you? Based on his preflop action he's going to bet in that situation 100%, even if he missed totally.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:16 PM

Pre-flop: I'd cap here more often than not given that we're suited. If we had AQo and OOP against a 3-bettor, I'd probably just call.

Flop: I like a check here. This isn't a board where I'm leading against a 3-bettor OOP. Peel a card off the flop though. You're getting 11.5:1.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I simply want to know if there's any chance I'm ahead on the flop, and if I'm not, what reasonable draws do I have?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what the others are saying is there's no way to know this without reads.

You know what a tight 3bet range is, and you're behind every one of those hands except (maybe) 99 (you know, I guess I'm not sure what a tight 3bet range is, too much 6max lately).

Here it's useful to know two things; does our man 3bet light generally (you say you didn't notice him 3bet in an hour or more of playing, so it seems likely he's tight with it), and what is your own table image? Is it possible the other players think you're raising light and would adjust to that?

I've been getting 3bet a lot by AJo, and ATo lately. I make a point to make a note when that happens, as I don't think of those as 3betting hands personally. But of course, if I have a read a guy raises light, then I open that up myself, and I'm more willing to 3bet AJo or KQo.

This is a roundabout way of saying there's no way to know for sure if you're ever ahead here. Against a reasonable opponent you probably aren't, but many many people at .5/1 aren't reasonable.

BTW, I generally don't cap AQs preflop either, although in a multiway (4 handed or more, including myself) I might think about it. I've been playing at Absolute for a while though, so I don't see many multiway pots. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

I think your K outs are good for at least a split, and beyond that I can't say.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:20 PM

With no reads, I peel one off on the flop to try to snag a king or queen.