Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2005, 07:40 PM

Default A few questions........

Hi all....first time poster here - I've really enjoyed and learned a lot reading other posts here. I hope this is an ok place to post - since all my poker is played at 2/4 tables, and I have a few different topics to ask about.

First, I have my first 15,000 or so hands on poker tracker, and I have a few numbers that I'd like a little feedback on.

VP$P - 19.72% (I strictly follow the tight/loose guidelines laid out in SSHE, depending on the table)

BB/100 = 2.58 is this good, bad , or just okay?

Won $ @ showdown = 50% Should this percentage be higher? If I've played all the way to the river, I rarely fold (unless obvious situations, like facing a bet and a raise when I'm on a busted draw) so I think that has decreased my win % a little.

PreF raise = 6.43% again, I tend to follow the SSHE guidelines.

Post F aggression = 1.38 I feel this is an important stat and I din't kow if this number is good, bad, or ok.

I know there are tons of other stats, but off the top of my head these seem like the key ones, but I can post other stats if it would aid receiving useful comments.

Next, if someone could key me in on taking advantage of bonuses (or post a link to a thread if its been discussed recently and I just missed it). I strictly play partypoker, and just took advantage of their reload bonus. what should I do next? Which site should I visit next? etc. I have about a $1000 bankroll (I know some will say that is too small for 2/4.....oh well!)

Third, how do people prevent carpal tunnel syndrome when playing online poker???!!!!! Any good mouse recommendations? or a wrist brace?????

Lastly, I've had a hard time finding a thread that explains all the shorthand and abreviations that people use when discussing particular hands. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!!
Old 02-08-2005, 07:57 PM

Default Re: A few questions........

[ QUOTE ]

VP$P - 19.72% (I strictly follow the tight/loose guidelines laid out in SSHE, depending on the table)

[/ QUOTE ]

Seem reasonable to me, some might argue you could be a tad bit tighter, but at $2/$4 there are enough places where looser than normal calls are acceptable.
[ QUOTE ]

BB/100 = 2.58 is this good, bad , or just okay?

[/ QUOTE ]
….and you win rate is an indicator. 2.58 would be considered a very solid win rate

[ QUOTE ]

Won $ @ showdown = 50% Should this percentage be higher? If I've played all the way to the river, I rarely fold (unless obvious situations, like facing a bet and a raise when I'm on a busted draw) so I think that has decreased my win % a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like mine at %55 percent. Much higher than 55% and you are probably playing to tight and leaving some money on the table. – Certainly lower than %50 and you’d have some issues. If you are right at %50 WITH a 2.58 BB/100 – you’re doing a good job at extracting bets out of your hands.
[ QUOTE ]

PreF raise = 6.43% again, I tend to follow the SSHE guidelines.

[/ QUOTE ]

This could be bump up a few spots – you are probably raising all the obvious hands, but what about hands like KJs or QJs on the button, or ATs out of the blinds – stuff like that….

[ QUOTE ]

Post F aggression = 1.38 I feel this is an important stat and I din't kow if this number is good, bad, or ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

This needs to come way up. Make sure you are raising for value on your big draws, and protecting your hand as well. Don’t be afraid to play your middle pairs strong in unraised pots, Raise to buy outs, Free Cards, etc etc. Are you checking-raising Late bettors, with hands that might be good.

[ QUOTE ]

I know there are tons of other stats, but off the top of my head these seem like the key ones, but I can post other stats if it would aid receiving useful comments.

[/ QUOTE ]

You hit the big ones. Check your Cold Calling, and position stats as well.
[ QUOTE ]

Next, if someone could key me in on taking advantage of bonuses (or post a link to a thread if its been discussed recently and I just missed it). I strictly play partypoker, and just took advantage of their reload bonus. what should I do next? Which site should I visit next? etc. I have about a $1000 bankroll (I know some will say that is too small for 2/4.....oh well!)

[/ QUOTE ]

www.bonuswhores.com will be a good start. Or hang out in the internet fourm. Generally they are the first to pick up on bonuses that are out there. Don’t be afraid to explore other sites to build a bankroll.
[ QUOTE ]

Third, how do people prevent carpal tunnel syndrome when playing online poker???!!!!! Any good mouse recommendations? or a wrist brace?????

[/ QUOTE ]

Take more breaks…
[ QUOTE ]

Lastly, I've had a hard time finding a thread that explains all the shorthand and abreviations that people use when discussing particular hands. Any help would be appreciated!

[/ QUOTE ]

Check the side bar, down towards the end there is a link that says Abbreviations. Oh Hell I guess I’ll stop being lazy.

http://www.twoplustwo.com/abbrevs.html

Good Luck,

Welcome to the boards.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2005, 08:02 PM

You should get involved with getting a % of your rake back as well. I am not spamming and am not an affiliate myself... but if you check the ads in the column and the classified ads you will find some good deals though some other 2+2-ers.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:07 PM

great! this is exactly the feedback I'm looking for. Thanks!