Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2004, 02:06 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!
Default Foxwoods, Labor Day weekend

I mentioned this in another thread, but realized it might have been buried. My wife and I will be staying at a B&B in the area in celebration of our anniversary (which is actually tomorrow, but we decided to take advantage of the Labor Day weekend), and she graciously advised me that she doesn't mind my spending some time at the poker tables. I'm not sure exactly when I'll be there yet; I doubt it will be both days (unless I win big and buy her something very nice [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]), but I will try to arrive around 10 or 11 am on either Sat. or Sun. I'll probably be playing either 2-4 or 4-8 HE (the latter if I'm feeling especially adventurous and/or confident, and if I'm packing enough of a BR for it). I'm brown-haired, bearded, middle-aged, overweight, wear glasses, and am about 5'9". Since that will narrow it down to about 75% of the crowd, I'll also be using a plastic Count Duckula figurine (looks a lot like my avatar) as a card protector, and possibly wearing a grey "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" polo shirt or some other random polo shirt, and probably black jeans. If you see me, please say hi! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Mike
Old 08-30-2004, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods, Labor Day weekend

FWIW,

You may want arrive earlier (by 10?) because the place will be very busy on LD weekend. The wait could be hours long by late morning.

Haven't played 2-4 HE there in a long time. I recall that the rake was higher compared to 4-8 and 5-10. There may be discussions on the rake if you search in this forum. If your BR can hack it, have a go at 4-8 or 5-10.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:10 PM

Default 2-4 vs 4-8

If you have the cash on you, play the $4/8 if at all possible. It is the same quality of game as $2/4 for twice the stakes and the same rake.
Old 08-30-2004, 03:07 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW,

You may want arrive earlier (by 10?) because the place will be very busy on LD weekend. The wait could be hours long by late morning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I see your point. Maybe I'll even shoot for 8 or 9 (we're staying only about 15-20 min. away). I think what I'll do is lobby for Sat., and if I come back with some nice winnings, maybe I can even swing Sun. She's going to play some slots while we're there, but doesn't want to spend hours at that by herself (for good reason; she tends to get a bit carried away if I'm not watching her), so she'll probably stay at the B&B while I'm playing poker.

[ QUOTE ]
Haven't played 2-4 HE there in a long time. I recall that the rake was higher compared to 4-8 and 5-10. There may be discussions on the rake if you search in this forum. If your BR can hack it, have a go at 4-8 or 5-10.

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, the rake percentage and max is basically the same for both, but the max represents a full BB or so at 2-4 and only a half BB at 4-8. So, I think I'm going to try very hard to arm myself enough to go for the 4-8.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 08-30-2004, 03:11 PM

Default Re: 2-4 vs 4-8

[ QUOTE ]
If you have the cash on you, play the $4/8 if at all possible. It is the same quality of game as $2/4 for twice the stakes and the same rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what I thought. I'm going to try to bring enough ammunition for 4-8. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks,
Mike
Old 08-31-2004, 09:32 AM

Hi Count,

I could be around on Sunday. I'm taller than your average Joe and will likely be wearing a faded Red Sox cap and cargo shorts.

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 08-31-2004, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Count,

I could be around on Sunday. I'm taller than your average Joe and will likely be wearing a faded Red Sox cap and cargo shorts.

Peace,
Joe Tall

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, if I'm there on Sunday myself, I'll keep an eye out for you. What stakes are you likely to play?

-Mike
Old 08-31-2004, 02:39 PM

I'll be in the 15/30 HOE or the 20/40 HE games. I take frequent breaks and smoke cigarettes as I'm trying to stunt my growth so I wander the room some. I'm 6'7".

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 08-31-2004, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be in the 15/30 HOE or the 20/40 HE games. I take frequent breaks and smoke cigarettes as I'm trying to stunt my growth so I wander the room some. I'm 6'7".

Peace,
Joe Tall

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a reason the HOE is 15/30 while the HE games are 10/20 and 20/40?
Old 08-31-2004, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I take frequent breaks and smoke cigarettes as I'm trying to stunt my growth so I wander the room some. I'm 6'7".

[/ QUOTE ]

I must say that your humor is getting better and better by the day. Also the fact that you are "taller than your average Joe". Does that make me "average Joe at 5'7"? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Joe