Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How Much Will You Call (Second Situation, Y)
6-10 3 42.86%
11-14 1 14.29%
15-19 1 14.29%
20-25 1 14.29%
26-32 1 14.29%
33-40 0 0%
41+ 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2005, 03:26 PM

Default POLL: Which is a greater abuse of power?

Recently I have begun to wonder whether Bill Clinton or Bush, Delay, & Company have abused their power more. What are your thoughts?
Old 10-07-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Re: POLL: Which is a greater abuse of power?

[ QUOTE ]
Recently I have begun to wonder whether Bill Clinton or Bush, Delay, & Company have abused their power more. What are your thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to know which abused power more, why did you phrase the poll to highlight minor abuses for one group and major abuses for the other? Possibly because you're not really interested in anyone's "thoughts" about the subject, you just want to push an agenda while looking like you're making an honest impartial inquiry (which you did an amazingly poor job of, BTW).

The correct answer, of course, is that BOTH are criminals.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to know which abused power more, why did you phrase the poll to highlight minor abuses for one group and major abuses for the other? Possibly because you're not really interested in anyone's "thoughts" about the subject, you just want to push an agenda while looking like you're making an honest impartial inquiry (which you did an amazingly poor job of, BTW).

The correct answer, of course, is that BOTH are criminals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Help, my cover has been blown!

Anyway, I'm happy to hear anything that the Criminal Clinton did that compares to the "accidental" war launched by President Chimpy. OOPS!
Old 10-07-2005, 04:53 PM

if clinton's lying about the sex was a 'minor abuse' then why is it ok and 'fiscally responsible' for republicans to spend BILLIONS of dollars on trying to make him look bad and impeach him?

yet when democrats speak out against W's 'major abuse' it's not ok and they are just 'whining' and 'being annoying'

Old 10-07-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if clinton's lying about the sex was a 'minor abuse' then why is it ok and 'fiscally responsible' for republicans to spend BILLIONS of dollars on trying to make him look bad and impeach him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did Ken Starr really spend "BILLIONS of dollars?"
Old 10-07-2005, 05:44 PM

Well I have no idea about the exact totals, but there was other money other than the money Starr spend...they were going after his jugular way before Starr entered the equation.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:02 PM

For the first time ever, I shall now post an overused 2+2ism: Bush/Delay is a bigger abuse of power, and it's not even close.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For the first time ever, I shall now post an overused 2+2ism: Bush/Delay is a bigger abuse of power, and it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's really what makes the phrasing of the question that much more reprehensible. It's like asking "Which is a more horrible murderer: Stalin for killing millions of his own people or Jack the Ripper, who once stepped on a roach?"

Bush is a scumbag, Clinton is a scumbag. One might be a bigger scumbag than the other, but one doesn't need to so obviously slant the question.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's really what makes the phrasing of the question that much more reprehensible. It's like asking "Which is a more horrible murderer: Stalin for killing millions of his own people or Jack the Ripper, who once stepped on a roach?"

Bush is a scumbag, Clinton is a scumbag. One might be a bigger scumbag than the other, but one doesn't need to so obviously slant the question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you drinking? Or just being willingly obtuse?

Frank
Old 10-07-2005, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

one doesn't need to so obviously slant the question.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, the phrasing of this question is highly slanted.

First item of slant: Al Gore did not claim to have "invented the internet". This is a piece of right-wing propaganda.

Second item of slant: The Iraq War wasn't started by a "mistake". Bush and his people were lying, they knew they were lying, and they are still lying. Casting this deliberate deception as inadvertent error is another piece of right-wing propaganda.

The question thus contains two major elements of right-wing slant, and it should be corrected.

q/q