Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2005, 10:05 PM

Default Re: end game

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I took the big blind. Player A folded. Player B had the button. He "never" openlimps on the button, but he did this time, and because of his fatigue, his almost-raise-but-just-call was so transparent that Player C, in the small blind, let out a rare HA! laugh while he called two chips. I checked in the big blind with Q-10. Three players to the flop with me second.

The flop came 10-9-4. The small blind checked, I checked, the button bet, the small blind called, and I folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone spell out for the forum newbs/lurkers how this works?

I have only played live once and I understand that for some read-based stuff that sometimes "you just know."

However, Tommy supplied all this info and a bunch of you are going "oh yeah, nice laydown."

What sepicifcally in what Tommy said let you put this guy on an overpair or AA specifically? And how is the small blinds actions related to the flop fold?

It took me a couple readings of the post to kind of "get it" but I still kind of feeling like I'm just pretending to get it. Any help appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on someone take one minute and fill me in please.