Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2005, 10:28 PM

Default Your poker library is missing something

If you haven't heard Cardplayer's audio of this year's final WSOP table, you're depriving yourself.

It's 14 unscripted hours of ten great players talking about every poker topic that comes to mind. They're enthusiastic, articulate, and funny on every topic from bankroll management, position, table selection, the value of aggression, making reads, dealing with maniacs, to french fries and why you should call it a deuce and not a two.

Incidentally, their discussion takes place while the biggest prize purse in the history of anything, ever is being contested across the room. This leads to some surreal moments, like when they take 20 minutes out to discuss the huge pile of hundreds sitting outside the booth and blocking the clock.

They don't have holecams, so you don't get all the usual technical talk about who's a favorite to win, what cards would help whom and what the Sklansky-esque correct action would be for each player. I consider this a win.

mp3s of the event are on www.mininova.org, just search for "wsop final table" and download the results (there is one zip with the first 13 hours, and a standalone mp3 of the last hour). It's not stealing because Cardplayer says they have no plans to release it, but if they ever do release a cleaned up version (with normalized levels, dead spots removed, and maybe some graphics to illustrate the action and stacks) I suggest you buy it.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:04 AM

Default Re: Your poker library is missing something

Very nice find. Something to do while playing poker. Took me like an hour to download but it's worth it. Very very nice.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:38 AM

Default Re: Your poker library is missing something

[ QUOTE ]
Something to do while playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, me too. I used to listen to music but it made me too emotional.