Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2005, 06:27 AM

Default Re: gdogtlaw21 is a cheater in the $1K PL Party games

Since he bet out and then disconnected, I say he's a cheat.

B/c he got to act on the river, saw his opponenets action, and then disconnected.

If he was first to act, and he disconnected without checking or betting that is usually a internet related problem. But I get my vote that its a cheat.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:05 AM

The main problem is partypokers system. Disconnects should be trated as folds and of course not be shown, unless partypoker caused the disconnection.
Komodo
Old 03-09-2005, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For some reason I thought a disconnect was treated like a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy. Wouldn't that be nice? (PS has "no-disconnect" tables which I believe behave in the manner you describe.) Party lets anyone cheat anywhere until enough players complain about them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah. I got it. I play 99% SNGs where there is no disconnect protect. That is why I got mixed up.
Old 03-09-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Party\'s Response

Dear Philip,

We appreciate you taking the time to report situation of alleged Disconnect Protection abuse at partypoker.com.

Starting with the hand that you sent to us, we performed an investigation that would allow us to examine thoroughly the account in question "gdogtlaw21".

We have looked into the players records and collected all previous hands in which this player used the protection. Our goal was to look for a pattern where the player usually disconnects in key moments.

Some of the parameters we use when investigating possible protection abuse:

* The player's cards at the time of disconnection. * The player's previous action (whether he was betting / raising) and also the actions of the other players at the time of disconnection.
* The benefit obtained by a player disconnecting
* The timing of disconnection
* A players pattern of disconnections Previous allegations made by other players and/or the system

Using the information listed above we have investigated the history of the player thoroughly and have found that not only was the hand you reported suspicious but this player has shown a pattern of suspicious disconnects in the past. Based on this information we have taken away the disconnect protection privilege for this player. In the event he is disconnected in the future his hand will be folded. We have sent an email to the player informing him of the investigation.

We thank you for taking the time to report your suspicions. Keeping the games honest is our highest priority. If you need any clarifications or have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Phani Kumar
Investigations Team
alerts@partypoker.com
Old 03-09-2005, 02:16 PM

Justice
Old 03-09-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Justice

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldnt call that justice. It basically means we all should do the same thing at Party until we get caught as there is no real penalty.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:33 PM

Yeah I am waiting to hear back from Party, that since they agree with me, they should transfer the $415 from his account to mine. I am not holding my breath.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:28 PM

laf yeah that isn't goin to happen....one he didn't bet it...no matter how cheesy it was, he technically didn't call....can't go around robbing people's accounts for something they *might* have done...i agree he's a tool, but no way do they take money out of his account....how would you feel in a similar circumstance on a legitimate disconnect? Want them coming into your account and robbing you?
Old 03-10-2005, 11:47 AM

ni han well played