Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2005, 01:26 AM

Default Extremley loose, extremley agressive game

A friend and I went to a cash game tonight. Nothing big, .25/.50 with most people buying in at $10. I had played with these guys once before and to be honest they were just terrible. I made money, but figured that I should be taking a ton more home. I went in tonight figuring that big pot hands like suited connecters and Axs/Kxs, and sets would be making me my most money, and not play TPTK as aggressivly as the tougher games I'm in.

So I buy in for $10, sit down and wait. These kids go nuts. Tons of preflop action, kids showing KJo/QJo/Ax on pushes preflop, 3-5 betting Qx, Kx. I quickly tighten up and gasp at the hands taking down these $30-$40 pots. I double up off AK twice to A3o and QK, but other than that I saw no cards. I really believe that sitting back and playing monsters was the best way to approach this game. Limping seemed out of the question due to the insane amount of preflop action, and everytime I got compelled to take a marginal hand all the way my insticts of knowing it was the wrong play had me lay it down. Had I seen some more cards, I figure I would have cleaned up. As I said, saw AK twice and hit a set of 5s but other than that I sat folding.

What would be the best approach to cracking this game? Did I just get a marginal run of cards or should I be taking marginal hands further?
Old 04-17-2005, 01:41 AM

Default Re: Extremley loose, extremley agressive game

The only way to crack it, besides luck, is exactly how you played it. These people depend on luck to win their pots. When you hit your monsters bet them hard because they're gonna call.