Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2005, 12:37 AM

Default Re: How long have you played break even poker?

I'm hardly a "respected" poster. I would barely consider myself "knowledgable," and "good" would probably be a stretch.

Some people might even say I'm a "moron," or a "fish." I might even call myself a "donater," and I know some people make their "living" by "playing" against people like me.

Some people might say I "don't know what I'm doing," or "that I'm a moron," or "that I can't even wipe my ass properly." And I'm pretty sure at least "seven" of you have "slept" with my "mother."

But at any rate, I've got a beautiful run of about 15k hands at 5/10 that are just shy of break even. Take that for what it's worth, which is "very little," "peanuts," "nothing," or even "for that and twenty bucks I could probably get a blowjob."
Old 01-21-2005, 01:40 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 01-21-2005, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I find this fascinating. Mine isa paltry 3,200 hands. I have played about 250k so far that I've tracked. Now I am just waiting for the poker gods to smite me. :\

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone asked for an example.

Not exactly a record-breaker, but it still stings:

Old 01-21-2005, 03:28 AM

Think I never had a breakeven streak of more than 10k. Of course even if it isn't long it can be brutal. One horrible week and you have to spend quite some time to claw your way back up. And I don't know if you should consider the clawing back up time as part of the break even streak. It's more like a giant loss period and then a slow gradual win period.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:37 AM

I am currently in my worst break even run ever... at a limit where I don't even know for sure if I'm a winner (is that the tilt talking?). And I gotta say, it feels phenomenal.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am currently in my worst break even run ever... at a limit where I don't even know for sure if I'm a winner (is that the tilt talking?). And I gotta say, it feels phenomenal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, didn't I see you tilting the other day Buster?

My own personal record is now over 16k hands--I'd have to check to see whether I've hit 17k yet. On a positive note I'm now only about 53 BB's down for that 16 or 17k hands. Wheee!!! Progress!!! (for the moment anyway (man...long down streaks can make your outlook negative.))

Here's to busting out of long losing streaks...may it happen to all of us sufferers sooner rather than later. (C'mon, sooner sooner sooner....please)

--Zetack
Old 01-21-2005, 04:03 AM

Im sure you did see me tilting. This has been a crappy month to say the least. Now that my bad run has overshadowed my best good run, I'm really doubting my abilities. I can feel that I am a winner, but the results show breakeven. *Sigh*, I was feeling so great about my poker too... </whine>
Old 01-21-2005, 04:04 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 01-21-2005, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Have I mentioned this thread scares the holy crap out of me?

[/ QUOTE ]

I assure you it's VERY real too. I don't ever alter my play consciously, but mentally it makes me an old man...
Old 01-21-2005, 04:44 AM

32k hands of 5/10 6max -50BB, I am very confident I can beat the game, though I was 4-tabling alot of that and not playing "great" poker....and also was learning the 5/10 game....