Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2005, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Calling Station

[ QUOTE ]

And I disagree mightily with your "Even at 25NL 6Max, players don't reraise with just anything." I was reraised last night with both 88 and ATo. This is a great chance for you to be aggressive with a premium hand and take down a big pot, at least in my eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did put a 10% of random/weaker holdings into villian's hand range preflop. Read the entire post.

Also, what good does it do me to get "aggressive" like you say and fold out an improved AK/AQ/AJ/whatever when they will continue to bluff if I just call.

About the river, raising only has value if I think QQ/JJ will call a push and I have to be fairly convinced villian has these as opposed to AA.

The weak betting pattern looks like bets intended to get max value from his AA or attempt a series of cheapish bluffs. Neither one is consistent with QQ or JJ. QQ or JJ should be wanting to charge my "AK" maximum value to try and draw out. This makes a river raise questionable in my eyes, as I'm either looking at the AA or a hand weaker than my own that can't call a push. Notice, that if villian has some wierd two pair or set raising has no value either. The river push only seems to make sense against QQ/JJ and this range seems to narrow too make it worth it.

Anyone care to comment further on the merits of a river raise?