Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 03:22 PM

Default QQ butchered

The converter is being really screwy so I had to do it manually. Villian seems decent but i havent been at the table very long. I have 550, He has me covered.

Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font> CO Raises 15, Hero calls 9.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font> (Pot 35)
Hero checks, CO bets 25, Hero raises 75, CO calls 50.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font> (Pot 150)
Hero Bets 125, CO Calls 125.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font> (Pot 400)
Hero Checks, CO Puts me all in for 350+.

I know i played it badly by checking that river, but I felt if I bet anything he would get my stack with the A/K of hearts just by being pot committed, now that he pushed i feel like im giving up the pot by checking with the Qhearts. Is this an easy call down?

Comments on flop/turn much appreciated. Preflop im not too worried about. I coulda reraised but decided to mix it up, Im more concerned about the other streets.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:22 PM

Default Re: QQ butchered

Nothing at all? Does anyone call this river?
Old 08-01-2005, 11:51 PM

Tough hand. I think checkraising this flop made the hand tough to play by inflating the pot early.

On the river, I think it's pretty opponent dependant...but I'm not sure if a player with Ah or Kh would bet this much. They would probably want to bet smaller for value. Your river check sends the message that you are scared of the 4 flush, so he could be be trying to bluff you off of a better hand.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:56 PM

I dont like the flop. I c/c the flop and lead the turn. Check/raising just loses the most against a better hand and doesn't win any more against a worse one.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:01 AM

if you're not willing to threebet QQ preflop against a likely steal what are you willing to resteal with?

fim
Old 08-02-2005, 12:04 AM

flop comments: i'm not too crazy about this flop CR, given the way you continued the turn
turn comments: after the CR, i'd slow way down and be extremely worried of his call.

playing those portions of the hand better saves the river
Old 08-02-2005, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you're not willing to threebet QQ preflop against a likely steal what are you willing to resteal with?

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually do 3bet QQ/JJ/TT, but not everytime from OOP, maybe 80% of the time i reraise, and 20% i dont, so far its been very difficult to play big pairs in this situation.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
flop comments: i'm not too crazy about this flop CR, given the way you continued the turn
turn comments: after the CR, i'd slow way down and be extremely worried of his call.

playing those portions of the hand better saves the river

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya i think your right, immediately after he called my checkraise i realized i didnt have a clue where i was in the hand and the pot was getting too big for just a pair OOP.

I couldnt check the turn after my checkraise with an overpair + flushdraw because id be giving up the pot, i probably should have turn bet 50-75 and made a blocking bet on the river to slow him down. Next time ill just c/c flop and go from that.