Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 02:17 AM

Default Call it down or dump it

.50/1 (10 handed)
Hero is UTG with Kd, Qh

Hero Calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO Raises, Botton calls, BB calls, Hero calls. MP1 Calls, MP3 calls.

* I mix raises and calls with this hand. Some people might advocate raising, I do like to raise with it, but I call to change it up.

FLOP: (12.5 SB) Qh, 6d, 3d (6 Handed)

BB Checks, Hero Bets, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, CO Raises, Botton 3-Bets, BB folds, Hero Calls, MP3 folds, CO calls.

A check raise might have been in order, but no flushes were dumping, and I wanted to see where I was at in the hand. The Kd is what kept me in. Would a fold or cap been right here?

TURN: (11 BB) 9s (3 Handed)

Hero bets, CO Raises, Botton 3-Bets, Hero folds.

* After the fact the turn bet was a bad idea. The pot was big and I wanted to see if for sure I was beaten. I know the pot was HUGE, and I hate to dump a good hand in this situation, but I was sure I was beaten. I am putting CO on an overpair and the Botton on a set or AQ. I am thinking the Botton most likly has AQ I cannot see him Cold calling with pocket 6's 2's or Q's. What would yall put them on? Was this a weak fold? Did I go to far with hand? Did I bet this wrong?
Old 11-02-2005, 02:43 AM

Default Re: Call it down or dump it

As I told another poster just a few days ago:

One important thing you have to learn as a limit player is that NO FLUSH DRAWS ARE EVER FOLDING. They ALWAYS have odds to draw. Sure, there might be a moran out there who folds flush draws (Nfinity found a couple), but they're virtually never correct to do so.

You can, however, protect your hand against smaller pairs, gutshots, and overcards. C/r the flop.

Given your action, it should be blatantly obvious that TP2K is no g00t, and you are likely drawing dead to a set. Good fold.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:54 AM

I can see not raising preflop, but then you know NOTHING about what the CO has. 3 limpers ahead of me, I'm almost raising any two suited and connected and any two broadway. If you raise from UTG, get two folds, then CO 3-bets you, now you know something.

If you are going to limp from UTG with KQ, I would most likely limp-re-raise with other limpers caught in between. If CO caps, then you know he actually has something he likes. Hand plays differently.

I think I C/R the flop. The preflop agg is behind us and will bet. The button and the BB will fold, and we'll raise with 1/2 the folks trapped. A donkbet is good also though with two to the flush on the board.

I would most likely cap the flop, facing the CO with 2, and bet the turn.

I don't mind the bet on the turn. You still may have the best hand, and you don't allow folks on the flush draw to raise and get the free card.

CO could have almost anything, as he was raising to buy the button and for value pre-flop against 3 limpers. Button Cold-called preflop, but saying the BB would call, was going to be getting 5:1+ on his cold-call and position. Without a read, it's a LOT tougher to put the Button on a hand. He could be pushing his flush draw on the flop.

I would probably call down after the turn 3-bet. C/call 1 on a safe river. Of course, I suck.

Where you folded is probably good against 2 unknowns.

I just think the hand would be playing a LOT easier if you raised it preflop from UTG is all. Raise or fold. If you raise, the other two might not come along, then CO 3-bets you, and Button cold-calls 3!, then you know a lot more about where you're at. The way it is, I can't really put either of them on any kind of range for sure.

Though, after the turn action, I would say Button has a set of 3's or 6's.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sure, there might be a moran out there who folds flush draws (Nfinity found a couple), but they're virtually never correct to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only HU.

"You understand that's a losing proposition."

I've heard tons of terrible logic. Something about there only making your hand 35% of the time and having to put in 50% of the money????

Other dumb stuff, but they are rare, and I'd be willing to bet that half the people who recite this garbage have the guilty pleasure of chasing one or 2 themselves. For shame.