Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Did the HIGHVOLUME thread from the gamingclub get deleted?

[ QUOTE ]

The deleted thread would always be deleted if I came across it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

You can discuss things all you like. When an employee of a commercial site begins a thread pushing that site, it is considered advertising and deleted.

[/ QUOTE ]

So would the thread always be deleted or not?
Is someone else allowed to start the thread again for discussion purposes?
Old 08-23-2005, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mat is clearly right on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brown-noser.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can discuss things all you like. When an employee of a commercial site begins a thread pushing that site, it is considered advertising and deleted.

In other words, you, instead of whining could start a thread saying, "hey, what's going on with site xyz and it's player incentive plan?"
In that case it would not be a site coming on to advertise, it would be a poster, with no commercial interest in the site, having a question and/ or opinion.

Is this not obvious to people? It most certainly was when I was the sole mod here. If there has been a new influx of people, really not aware of this, I hope they are now.

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't seem to follow at all with your intial statement that it will ALWAYS be deleted. If someone came along asking what happened to that thread and then Banana came back and basically reposted, I have a feeling that you would still delete it.

Whether you realize it or not you are sending mixed messages. Not that I really care as I am not a high volume player nor do I play at TGC. However, I think the masses deserve a single, undisputable answer. Your responses are vague at best.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:56 PM

Yes, Mat, that's the way to go. Instead of addressing legitimate concerns, call your forum members "whiners."

I guess I was under the strange illusion that the 2+2 forums were supposed to be for the benefit of the users, and that that's what drives the traffic that causes people to pay for the ad space. I guess it's just a glorified banner farm, though, and you're deserving of the traffic just for putting the page up.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, Mat, that's the way to go. Instead of addressing legitimate concerns, call your forum members "whiners."

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree here. This did not sit well with me either. Amazing that he would be so condescending to the very people that keep this site alive.

Sounds like maybe someone is on a power trip to me. I'll probably get banned for speaking my mind but so be it.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty aure that the banana did too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspect that Banana truly thought his thread was okay.

There has been talk of rewards for high-volume players.
He's seen the other threads on this.
He has also put together a reward program for high-volume players (on one-month trial basis) that he felt inclined to let us know about and probably didn't see it as any different as the other threads on similar topic.

I'm not saying that there isn't a difference. That's a different argument entirely.
I'm just saying that banana probably posted his thread thinking that it would be okay because he's seen other similar threads.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:18 PM

After some thought, I can see where Mat is coming from. It all comes down to technicalities on who can post what.

Ultimately he has to answer to both sets of customers (us and the advertisers).

I don't think he will come out and say how to get around this technicality, but he did make it clear what the rules are.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:28 PM

I see where Mat is coming from too certainly.

But I am not certain I agree with you that he made it that clear.
He did say he would delete it again if he came across it.
Perhaps I'm being too nittish or literal about it though.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In other words, you, instead of whining could start a thread saying, "hey, what's going on with site xyz and it's player incentive plan?"
In that case it would not be a site coming on to advertise, it would be a poster, with no commercial interest in the site, having a question and/ or opinion.

Is this not obvious to people? It most certainly was when I was the sole mod here. If there has been a new influx of people, really not aware of this, I hope they are now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Mat was really off base until I saw the distinction he's making here. I can live with this distinction, although I thought the offer we're talking about was new and different and interesting enough that that thread probably should've lived.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:01 PM

Sorry if it wasn't clear. That specific thread would have been deleted by me whether or not we had a bonus forum. The reason: it was an advertisement for a site by a known employee of that site.

If an individual happened upon the offer, who is not affiliated with the site, and chose to post the information, that is OK.

We have been operating with and enforcing this policy for the last 4 years or so, without issue. I hope this is now clear.

And what's wrong with calling you people whiners? What do you think I'm doing right now?