Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 06:44 PM

Default Re: LO8: completing the SB

benwood: yea i forgot to specify the chip structure. i guess 1/2 would be fine, if people just answered for the structures at whatever limits they played it would be good too. as for hands hat dont need position working for them: i guess there are no specific hands, but with like KKxx on a k82 flop, we are pretty sure where we stand regardless of what position we're in. But with with some like 98xx on a 9s8s2x flop, we are in a less comfortable situation. i guess the more draws there are against our hand, the more we want position.

wackjob: it seems like everybody says the goal in omaha8 is to scoop though, so i dont think we should be aiming for 2 pair? and what about lows, do you do A5xy multiway? i think your 1 limper standards coluld be right.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:04 PM

SteveY: I like what you said,"The more draws there are against our hand,the more we would want position."I would add to this that I need position when I'm on a draw myself.This leads me to conclude that hands like KKxx & QQxx play better up front than hands like 23xx orA4xx.What do you think? Ben.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:28 PM

Yeah i think you are right. A4xx 23xx would be tough to play OOP. since you brought that up it would be especially tough to play those hands in a 3 handed pot OOP. At least with 4 or 5 way action we have lots of people w/ us so we might continue w/ the low draw. But if its 3way, generally we need a nice 2way hand to continue. That means we should still play relatively tight when its just one limper to us. dunno about multiway though. it would be realtively tough to play those hands but it could still be profitable.