Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 11:14 AM

Default Fronting Someone Money

There is a player who I trust am confident that they are capable to beat the Party 1k/2k. They are going to have time availible to play online now, but their funds are tied up in other business ventures. (im not going to name the person.)

I want to find a deal that is fair for both of us. Here is one of my first ideas:

Any money I lend has to be paid back to me with an extra 35% of the total sum on top no matter what cirumstances arise. So if they borrow 10K, they'll pay back $13.5K. If he borrows $20K, he'll pay back $27K.

He starts in the Party $1,000 games.

I will start him off with $10K and monitor his play. If he loses that $10K I will look over his play and decide if I want to continue backing him to play in this game. If I feel that he can still beat the game, then I will simply lend him another $10K.

If he only needs to borrow $10K and then reachs a total bankroll of $35K, then he will pay me back $13.5K and our financial relationship will end.

If he needs to borrow $20,000, then when his Bankroll reachs $50K, he will pay me $27K and our financial relationship will end.

If he loses the entire 20K, we work out some deal for him to pay me back long term.

The way I see it, Im confident he can beat the Party 5/10 multitabling for a minimum of $200/hr. He plans to play 25hr/wk. Thats 5K/week. So in two months he should be able to pay me back and use that capital to make alot more in the future.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Fronting Someone Money

thats a steep vig.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:23 AM

The first looks good. But generally, when you spot if they loose the roller eats it. Doesnt make them pay it back. Im in a similar situation. I might get rolled to play 5-10 and 10-25 NL. He wants half of my winnings until I end the relationship. I think that is too steep....
Old 10-19-2005, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The first looks good. But generally, when you spot if they loose the roller eats it. Doesnt make them pay it back. Im in a similar situation. I might get rolled to play 5-10 and 10-25 NL. He wants half of my winnings until I end the relationship. I think that is too steep....

[/ QUOTE ]

What's half of 0?
Old 10-19-2005, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

50/50 for your man to take all the risk is fair.

OP, is he giving you any sort of collateral or writing in paper? I don't like the idea of loaning people money to play poker but am considering doing so myself if hte oppurtunity arises.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:27 AM

i can't do that tough math, which is good, since the answer is an irrelevant amount for the purposes of kkf's proposed deal in which he must be paid back in full.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's half of 0?

[/ QUOTE ]

I took math classes, that is precisely, ZERO.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:32 AM

Constant flaming on me I don't remember ever starting anything with you Yeti. And I could care less if you think I can or cannot beat these games there are many people who I've played with that know I can. Dont jack this post for no reason. I just mentioned my situation as it seemed relevent to posters question, so I dont understand the need to flame.....
Old 10-19-2005, 11:42 AM

He's going to need more than 10k if it's party 6max...
Old 10-19-2005, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Constant flaming on me I don't remember ever starting anything with you Yeti. And I could care less if you think I can or cannot beat these games there are many people who I've played with that know I can. Dont jack this post for no reason. I just mentioned my situation as it seemed relevent to posters question, so I dont understand the need to flame.....

[/ QUOTE ]

now boys, you can settle this with a $1k freezeout.

good luck. i'll put in some sidebets, too.

in fact, we could set up some system where I'll take all the sidebets and pay the winners accordingly.

nothing but 2+2 hostility.