Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 09:20 AM

Default 6max - Difference NL200 and NL400?

I'm taking a shoot at NL 6max, its my second time. Normally I'm a full ring NL-player.

I have done well at 6max NL100 and NL200.

Now I have played my first 5k hands at NL400 6max and I'm only breakeven (in fact some few dollars back). The sample of 5k hands is not so very large so it dont says so much about my results.

I think I have seen people do a lot of misstakes at NL400, but it's really not feels so good to say it, when I dont have proved it by my own profit.

What do you say about the difference of the NL200 games and the NL400 in 6max? Is NL400 much harder to beat?

/Pug
Old 10-18-2005, 09:37 AM

Default Re: 6max - Difference NL200 and NL400?

In my experience, there is a much higher amount of aggression in the 2/4 than the 1/2 6-max games. People are also more likely to take a card off on the flop in position with air just to take it away on the turn. While there are a lot of terrible LAGs in the 1/2 (making bluffs and overbets at absurd times when they either cannot possibly have the hand they're representing or can't possibly have anything else), the LAGs in the 2/4 are, on the whole, smarter. Their lines present a more cohesive picture of something they are trying to represent and they're better at picking their spots so you have to make good reads and some pretty marginal calls on the end. You can no longer count on Joe Maniac bluffing 4 barrels into the nuts to turn a profit (hyperbole, but you see what I'm saying).

There are still weak spots and the player pool on both Party and the skin networks (don't know if that's where you play or not) overlaps a good deal so, if you are having difficulty, either put more effort into table selection or cut down on the number of tables you are playing and work on your player reads.

Good luck at the tables.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:17 AM

Ask in the high stakes forum you probably get more answers.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. 2/4 is not appropriate for the MHSNL board in the opinion of many posters both there and here.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. 2/4 is not appropriate for the MHSNL board in the opinion of many posters both there and here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think NL $400 is cut-off for this forum and it makes sense. There are quite a few posters who play in both NL $200 and NL $400 who can answer this. I am still trying to get acclimated to NL $200, but one day I will be able to answer this.

Happy Birthday Ghaz [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2005, 11:28 AM

The majority of the players here do not play 400$ buy in games, the majority of the players there have been through the limits and can give a good answer.... or he can take the 1 answer he got here before this thread gets off the front page and hope it is right. My guess would be the majority of the 400$ buy in players are reading the other forum more than this one.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The majority of the players here do not play 400$ buy in games, the majority of the players there have been through the limits and can give a good answer.... or he can take the 1 answer he got here and hopes it is right.

[/ QUOTE ]

a sizable population of MHNL has forgotten how $400 NL operates in my opinion.

look for TWP, wtfsvi, Ghazban, xorbie for advice on 400nl operates.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:39 AM

I haven't play very much at NL200 at party, but my experience is that it's much easyer to get a read on someone at nl400. The game is much tougher at nl400 and the players that comes in playing ABC or supertight don't seems make good success if the table doesn't have one or two big fishes.

I might be totally wrong and my post maybe didnt make sence at all, but im pretty tired now so I blame on that if thats the case... [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2005, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The majority of the players here do not play 400$ buy in games, the majority of the players there have been through the limits and can give a good answer.... or he can take the 1 answer he got here and hopes it is right.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct that most players here don't play that game but there are quite a few who do (or have) and they are people that would give excellent answers as they've only recently started playing there (people like TWP, xorbie, wtfsvi, et al) and have a good perspective on exactly what the differences are.

The primary reason I'd prefer he not post the question in the other forum is that it will likely be moved back here anyway by the mod or it will be ignored. These threads have been posted there in the past (specifically, the jump from 1/2 to 2/4) and have gotten little to no response. Even threads about moving from 5/10 to 10/20 don't get much discussion there. General questions about the mid and high stakes games tend to be difficult to answer as those games vary greatly based on who is sitting.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Happy Birthday Ghaz [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks-- I am now officially older than dirt.