Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 04:31 AM

Default Stayed aggressive, but was that the right move?

BB had just sat down. The rest were loose/passive who only showed aggression when they had a hand and would go to the river with any two cards...

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, BB calls.

River: (15 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB
Old 04-27-2005, 05:57 AM

Default Re: Stayed aggressive, but was that the right move?

Im not a huge fan of the river bet into 2 people.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:13 AM

(In the dark)

I don't like the river bet into to opponents after the king falls. The rest is fine.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:52 AM

while the river is debatable, i'm wondering about the turn.

what hands do you put BB on? his stop-n-go is interesting. why did you raise again?
Old 04-27-2005, 08:49 AM

being i know nothing about poker and i'm just learning, i shouldn't even post, so take this for what its worth.

i don't see BB's stop-n go, he is already commited to seeing the flop because he is BB, then the flop is crap which likely matched his crap cards that he normaly would have folded,
he then bets to protect his hand, hero raises, BB has to call, no reason to re-raise hero who doesn't see to care that BB is aggressive. 8d comes on the turn, doesn't help anyone, what could hero use the 8 for? so BB bets to see how hero responds, hero raises again, so if i were the BB i would put hero at pocket tens because he is not afraid of me, like i might have the tens, i would also put BB at two pair 5's and 3's or ten's up.
the king falling on the river would make me nervous as the hero, i would check/call here on out.

like i said i am new to poker so if i'm totally off base please understand where i am coming from.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
while the river is debatable, i'm wondering about the turn.

what hands do you put BB on? his stop-n-go is interesting. why did you raise again?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the course of the action I put BB on a pair of 10's, with two pair I think he would re-raise the turn, I couldn't see calling and allowing someone with overcards bluffing at this pot to catch up without paying a penalty. Also, I was basically trying to push the other two out of the hand and get it heads up thus protecting outs to a J for two pair, the two chasers really could have chased with any two cards, and it would have sucked to catch top two pair and lose several bets to Q9. That didn't happen, but at least we punished the chasers.

When the K falls and BB gets nervous I figure he has put me on at the very least two overcards and possibly KT. I thought he might fold here so I go ahead and bet.

Results: <font color="white">He shows QQ and takes the pot </font>
Old 04-27-2005, 08:11 PM

i really like a
river check because it allows
you to fold or call
Old 04-27-2005, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i really like a
river check because it allows
you to fold or call

[/ QUOTE ]

Your middle line is 8 syllables. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2005, 08:52 PM

I agree. Betting here is risky. You would be in a sticky situation if one of them raises you.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:33 PM

Many of the players at this micro-limit call the whole way if they hit any piece of the flop.

I think you are OK with your pair of tens, but I would check the river to be sure.