Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 05:13 AM

Default Re: $215: Interesting use of the min. bet

the villian picked up 4 more outs on the turn, and the min. bet ended up being an effective blocking bet in this case--- but he just couldn't let the hand (AK) go and bluffed the river because of the weakness you indicated.

is that about right?

i don't know whether letting your villian block for 15 chips when he most likely has 10 outs to win the hand is the best move here though--- unless you were unsure of whether you could take the pot down right there.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:58 AM

Taking into account the missclick options sounds like laying down KK preflop because this special feeling AA is out there...

As villians stats in the forbidden helping tool seem more like he miss-clicked choosing the buy-in-level there could be AA-JJ as well shown as JTs. To put villian on more or less my opponents level (22-55) and not 215-winning-player I would hate to call the river but of course you need to do so. But I really would not be to surprised to see me beaten by a very tricky turn-min-bet of him, trying to induce a bluff (horribly given flush-draws etc. a "free-card").

By the way - a couple of people like the Min-Bet EP with AA, KK -> don't ask me why. May be they want at least the blinds with 83o to be out but do not mind playing against QJo OOP... so don't tell me AA is not possible here...
Old 09-15-2005, 09:01 AM

I made it about half way through the first page of replies. I don't always call pre flop here, but if I don't have something else going on I will.

Post flop looks really standard to me. The only real debate this stirs up in my mind is wheter I fire enough second barrels, but I don't mini raise in ep (or anywhere, really, I should work on late mini-raises some, need to figure out how they would fit into the gestalt of my play).

What do you do if he fires a real bet on the turn? That is a tough spot with no read.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:22 AM

Can someone explain why this isn't a flush draw he's trying to steal on the river? No one has even considered this in their musings, and I'm wondering why.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone explain why this isn't a flush draw he's trying to steal on the river? No one has even considered this in their musings, and I'm wondering why.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've quite considered it in my musings and in my postings, or at least implied it.

i think that you've got a big problem in your thinking though:

the point is to do analysis. the point is not to figure out what the opponent has on this one particular hand. the point is to figure out what the best line is, while considering the whoe gamut of hands that he will have in this spot, and maximize your ev from that. what the guy has in this particular spot is not very relevant, but rather what he has 1000x he does this.

ace high flush draw or ace high flush draw with a pair are very reasonable things to have in that range. as are a couple othe rflush draws i guess.

citanul
Old 09-15-2005, 12:11 PM

Results?
Old 09-15-2005, 03:55 PM

Thanks citanul. I'm currently working on this and appreciate your analysis.