Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 02:31 PM

Default What do internet sites do with unused satellite wins?

As you may have read my other post regarding bet365poker and how they treated me regarding an unusable $3000.00 satellite win. I am getting mixed responses from different people about this subject.
I am talking about seats (money) that were to be used to win a seat in a major tournamnet. The final satellite. And the internet site satellites stopped due to time constrants that the main event (the tourney the satellite was designed for) was close at hand. What do other major sites do with this money?
Old 12-01-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: What do internet sites do with unused satellite wins?

I don't think that other major sites run satellites that are too close to the actual event... That sounds like seriously bad planning from someone there.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:53 PM

makes sense
Old 12-01-2005, 04:16 PM

The closest thing to your situation were the Party Poker WSOP step tournaments. Since the top step tournament pays out re-entries for 2nd/3rd place, it is mathematically impossible to NOT have entries left over. Party initially said that people with left over entries were screwed, but recanted after a barrage of emails pointing out how ludicrous the situation was.

Regarding your issue with Bet365 ... they are attempting to steal your money. I would try reasoning with them again with some polite logical emails which harp on the fact that

1) You wanted to play in the satellite but were unable to due to lack of players
2) The cash value of your entry doesn't belong to Bet365. The funds were provided by the entry fees of players who lost in the lower satellite levels, and held in escrow for payout to the final level satellite winner. Bet365 got their vig from each entry in each level of the tournament. The entire cash value of your entry belongs to you.

If they don't listen to reason, I would inform them that you're going to post these polite, well-written, and logical arguments on every poker-related message board you can find.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:19 PM

Great minds think alike. I did all that and was even willing to accept less than what they owed me, to no avail. So, here I am.
Closed Thread