Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 02:47 PM

Default Re: I suck at poker - 77 in the BB

Pot flop and fold to the raise, as mentioned. As played, fold to the flop raise anyway.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:30 PM

I like to lead at paired flops, both with and without trips, usually for about the size of the pot. However I am not so keen to bluff when the pair are paint because many players limp any two paint cards.
I fold to the raise here. Villan might have a 5 but more likely has a K. It isn't worth $2 to try for one of the last two 7s on the turn.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:59 PM

Pot flop, fold to a raise, unless read dictates otherwise.

For the raise preflop, It is definitley a play I will try to pull. There is $2 in the pot, and I might pop this up to $3.

If you were to lose everytime you were called, you would need to win this > 60% of the time for it to be +EV. They should fold it > 60%, but you of couce have +EV postflop if you get called, and can make a standard c-bet to take down the pot. It depends on the table, though, and in a lot of loose $50 games, this is not a good play.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:03 PM

In a 4-way limped pot where you checked in the BB, just check/fold the flop. You haven't taken an aggressive stance in the hand, so you're not making a CB, you're only hoping that there isn't a K out there and that everyone will fold, which I think is unlikely.

As played, bet a little more on the flop and fold to the raise.