Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 06:27 PM

Default Re: How often are you late for work?

[ QUOTE ]
[arrogant bastard]

I'm the boss. I'm never late because I come in when the Hell I want.

[/arrogant bastard]

[/ QUOTE ]

[Vince McMahon]
I'm Vince McMahon dammit, and I'll fire whoever the hell I want!
[/Vince McMahon]
Old 11-28-2005, 07:52 PM

I wish I could stop being on time - or early - for work all the time. I'm sure this is gonna change when I get a real job.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:00 PM

I was chronically late at my old job, but only by about 10 minutes everyday, however I put in about 500 hours of OT in the year and a half I was there so I more than made up to the fuckers before I got canned from that hellhole......
Old 11-28-2005, 08:24 PM

i am late everyday, i work for my dad's construction company part time(while i go to school/p*ker) he yells at me every day almost, how i should be waking up early to arrive at 8.

He is never on time being almost an hour late to the job every day. Like this morning i had to run errands before getting to work, so I decided to sleep late and say the errands took a long time [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

He wants to know when I'm going to start living in the real world, and I say, "I dunno, I applied for it, but I haven't heard back yet."

I feel that being that at 8 isn't very important, because for example today I worked til it was dark outside, and worked hard all day, so I think i can show up late

oh [censored] I just got started...

SO any [censored] way, i'm really supposed to be an "Independent Contractor," not an employee so i should be able to work whenever the [censored] i want, i'm also on call almost 24/7/356, so i say WTF, get off my ass

/end rant

thanks
Old 11-28-2005, 08:49 PM

Basically myself and my supervisor are the only people who are consistently on time to my job. If we had any applicants to the positions I supervise I would try to fire about half my employees right now, but times are tough. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

NT
Old 11-28-2005, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I use to be late all the time until my company switched to flex time. Now I'm just one of the last people to arrive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah FLEX time rules. I'm almost always the last one in but I am always the last one to leave.

Some people I work with are in the office by 6, many are there by 8:30, almost all are there by 9:30 and I come in every day around 10-10:30. However, I never take lunches (and I point that out as much as possible, any time I can tell people are antsy about what time I come in).