Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 10:10 PM

Default Messed up Empire \"refer a friend\"...should they make good anyways?

So last week, im talking with a friend at a homegame who was interested in playing some onlince. I send him the empire "refer a friend" offer...$25 to him, $50 to me.

Seems he somehow mistyped the bonus code when registering, something like instead of "TAF15" he typed "TSF15"...something liek that, we arent really sure.

SO i email support (VIP at that), and explain the situation, that we tried to do this as per the rules, somehow messed up, can they make it right. My reponse "sorry you got screwed, deal with it".

And thats fine an all, i mean, we *DID* mess up, but the fact remains that i recruited a new player for them, and that wont change. I feel that the classy thing for them to do is to fix it in the system.

SHould i get back on their case about it? or just let it slide? I havent played on Empire since this, and i provided alot of revenue for them(relatively speaking). What with them losing players left and right, wouldnt they be wise to make the effort to appease us?

FOr tightwadding us out of $75, they have already lost my $1000/week vigourish. And they will lose the same amount next week. and the next. etc.

Am i being spiteful and pouty here? OR have i cause to ask them for a favor?

BL'
Old 10-24-2005, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Messed up Empire \"refer a friend\"...should they make good anyways?

1. yes they should make-good. but they won't. this has happened before to others and they just have a history of saying "sorry. too bad."

2. why are you only taking the $50 + $25 refer-a-friend when you could make more via MGR?
Old 10-24-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Messed up Empire \"refer a friend\"...should they make good anyways?

[ QUOTE ]

2. why are you only taking the $50 + $25 refer-a-friend when you could make more via MGR?

[/ QUOTE ]
Same thing I was wondering.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:30 AM

Same thing happened with me at party. They claim they can't fix it as it is automated by the computers, but when I emailed them back saying I had a lot of friends interested in poker and that i might just start refering them to empire.... some indian dude emailed me back saying he has credited $50 to my account for being a good party poker customer. Didnt even need any raked hands. Threaten to refer him to multi poker or something and im sure they will send you some sort of cash.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:44 AM

some people are the type who are just going to put money in once and you just know they're only going to play for a few weeks. it makes sense to get an immediate and automatic $50 than wait for them to contribute $250 or whatever it is. also, it's a good incentive to get them signed up with the free $25.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:20 AM

yeah, im gonna fire off another email, and if nothing comes of that, ill let it slide.

as for why i chose the "reefer" over MGR...well, honestly, i didnt even think of it [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

however, in this case, with this friend, i think i'd probably make the same move...frankly, he sucks at poker, and im not too confident he will be able to support his poker habit for too long. dude works a $10/hr job, and loses more than $10/hr playing cards. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]