Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 02:56 AM

Default Re: My take on the \'dump the skins fiasco\'

hahahahahahah
Old 10-09-2005, 09:28 AM

I agree with your thinking on this completely.

While there is an opportunity here for other sites to pick up market share, it probably won't change much. I think Stars could do it because they already have a big player base, but they really don't have the incentive to offer "R" or more frequent bonuses, which is the primary inducement needed to pull in more people. The smaller sites already do "R" and bigger bonuses, that hasn't changed much of anything to this point.

Party has the multitablers by the balls and they know it. If you are a multitabler, are you going to go to Prima, etc. just for "R"? You might for a while, but with the lack of enough games you'll eventually go back to the Party fish pond. It's always been about the fish, it always will be.

This was a brilliant business decision by them, no matter if one likes it or not. And while we are at it, call in the priest. It's time to administer last rites to Empire/Eurobet/Multi/Intertops.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:56 AM

I'm expecting to see a marketing push from the skins and all the major sites trying to keep or pick up players during this shake up.

There should be some very good offers in the pipeline, even from Party.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
carries our ideas back to Party management

[/ QUOTE ]

Name one idea that management did that came from here via Mike.

[ QUOTE ]
He is trying to do his job

[/ QUOTE ]

His job is corporate shill, a mouth piece. He tries to convince you that the crap Party serves you on a plate tastes good and you should ask for more. Enjoy!

[ QUOTE ]
help us poker players in general

[/ QUOTE ]

See above. And above. Name one.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:57 AM

What's all the fuss about? Players from the skins will move to Party, end of story. I primarily played on Empire until three months ago. I didn't like that Empire didn't have a phone number and couldn't receive my e-mails - I'd be nuts to leave any sizeable money there anyway. So I made the move and I'm happy. It's not about rakeback or TV sets, it's about the games.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Especially after every self respecting 2+2'r resolves to never ever play another single hand on party ever again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every self-respecting 2+2er is going to do whatever is best for his wallet. Period.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:51 PM

This creates a huge opportunity for Pokerstars (if they want a bigger market share). They do not have the same affiliate costs and network as Party, and can therefore start a rakeback program intented to lure the multi tabling rakemakers to Pokerstars. If they have a progressive rakeback system, Im sure they can offer an interesting deal to the big playrs.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:55 PM

i was talking to a crypto CS rep earlier bout a prob i was having there and just happened to throw in the question-what kinda big plans u hatching to reap the benefits of the fall out from the party thing?

reply - that is not part of our marketing campaign right now.

wtf?? if other sites dont make a push, status quo will be resumed (not that i think thats necessarily a bad thing)
Old 10-09-2005, 12:58 PM

Default Name the Skins Fisco

I would kind of like to start a new thread for this one, but I'm respecting the moderators' request to refrain. If any moderators think this is worthy of it's own thread, feel free to make it so.

Yesterday's events have been a blow to a lot of people. I'm not one of them I play on Party without rakeback. However, in tough times, we need a little humor. I think yesterday's events are a historic occasion in online Poker, and need a name. I have a few suggestions to get the ball rolling.
1. Party's Pearl Harbor.
2. Black Saturday.
3. Satruday Sneak Attack.

There are a lot of creative people here, and I'm sure somebody can come up with something better. I'm sure a lot of folks will want to use profanity, and I can hardly blame them, but let's face it, [censored] [censored] Party [censored] [censored], just won't have much impact.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
absolutely retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean like playing fish who are going flush every dollar they win from you into the "blackjack side bet." Sounds like a great way to keep them at the table.

Enjoy.

X