Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 10-08-2005, 12:14 AM

Default Re: Public Message to Commodus

[ QUOTE ]
It is pretty obvious who he is anyway so this threat is futile.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lay it on the clueless, brah.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:15 AM

A [censored] bob.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would Commodus really even care?

[/ QUOTE ]

Commodus seems sensitive to protecting his identity. So, I think he would care. Knowing that, it would be extremely classless for the few (including me) who know his regular 2+2 username to reveal it.

Commodus has no control over what [censored] is doing and neither do I. It's not something he should be held accountable for.

I have no clue why Mat decided to let [censored] run wild. It should have been plainly obvious the situation would quickly become the mess it has become.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Commodus seems sensitive to protecting his identity. So, I think he would care. Knowing that, it would be extremely classless for the few (including me) who know his regular 2+2 username to reveal it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people already know his real identity:

Old 10-08-2005, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Commodus has no control over what [censored] is doing and neither do I. It's not something he should be held accountable for.

I have no clue why Mat decided to let [censored] run wild. It should have been plainly obvious the situation would quickly become the mess it has become.

[/ QUOTE ]

What mess? I think things have gone very well, considering.

And as for the OP - -

ROME DOES NOT NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious? OOT is right now, the best it has been in like a year. high volume of quality threads on the first page, less noise... it's great!

one thing though, and i never figured i would be the one to say it, but .. JAKE, COME BACK!
Old 10-08-2005, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

one thing though, and i never figured i would be the one to say it, but .. JAKE, COME BACK!

[/ QUOTE ]

You and I haven't had a lot to agree on over the last week or so, but I very much agree with you about this.

Seriously, jake does need to come back.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:25 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Commodus has no control over ... [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 10-08-2005, 01:47 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

please no. don't encourage him. please.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:51 AM

Default Re: Commodus: Odious Fraud, worshiped only by sycophants

Commodus had now attained the summit of vice and infamy. Amidst the acclamations of a flattering court, he was unable to disguise, from himself, that he had deserved the contempt and hatred of every man of sense and virtue in his empire. His ferocious spirit was irritated by the consciousness of that hatred, by the envy of every kind of merit, by the just apprehension of danger, and by the habit of slaughter, which he contracted in his daily amusements.

His cruelty proved at last fatal to himself. He had shed with impunity the noblest blood of Rome: he perished as soon as he was dreaded by his own domestics. Marcis his favorite concubine, Eclectus his chamberlain, and Laetus his Praetorian Perfect, alarmed by the fate of their companions and predecessors, resolved to prevent the destruction which every hour hung over their heads, either from the mad caprice of the tyrant, or the sudden indignation of the people.

Marcia seized the occasion of presenting a draught of wine to her lover, after he had fatigued himself with hunting some wild beasts. Commodus retired to sleep; but whilst he was laboring with the effects of poison and drunkenness, a robust young, by profession a wrestler, entered the chamber, and strangled him without resistance. The body was secretly conveyed out of the palace, before the least suspicion was entertained in the city, or even the court, of the emperor’s death. Such was the fate of the son of Marcus, and so easy was it to destroy a hated tyrant, who, by the artificial powers of government, had oppressed, during thirteen years, so many millions of subjects.

From The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, Vol. 1 by Edward Gibbon.