Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 09-24-2005, 07:27 PM

Default More or less risk? More or less value? (slow AK)

Im not entirely sure if this was clever or stupid. It worked this time, sure, but what of long term?

Level 1, hero UTG, AKo

Hero open limps ( i do this alot, i like losing t15 only on AK airballs, also allowing dominateed As and Ks to play), and several calls behind, so the blinds see hand

Flop 3 rags, rainbow, but semi textured, i think 3-5-7 or something. Hero checks (plan check/fold), but checked around

Turn K. Hero checks..there doesnt appear to be any obvious draws, but i guess 5 outs for the blinds if they have 1 pair, so still some risk...but i should get action from weaker kings? there were several limps behind me p/f. Someone downstream of me bets a resonable amount, folds to me, smooth call.

River is brick, pairs baord, not a card that LP could have. Hero open checks, villain bets again, hero calls. Reasonably sure MHIG.

VIllain tables KQ. of course, this is perfect situation, and it wont always be this way. Also, his kick is prolly good enough that he calls me down if i lead both streets. But...

Will this approach ever be higher value than the standard line? Im thinking something of a reverse gap here. Weaker hands bet money that they wouldnt call with.

Like/hate? im not sure which side i fall on yet, but looking for input.

BL'
Old 09-24-2005, 07:28 PM

Default Re: More or less risk? More or less value? (slow AK)

Dont worry about p/f and flop actions...im only concerned with after i make my hand.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:21 PM

Looks good to me.
Shooby
Old 09-24-2005, 11:35 PM

bump?
Old 09-24-2005, 11:39 PM

I say check-raise the turn.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:48 PM

looks good. Check raise is questionable, but i think your line was good.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:52 PM

See, i think checkraising turn would jsut be too panicy. I've already decided to play the hand slowly, and i did because i thought free cards werent too risky (not all THAT many of them). I want this hand at showdown. I want him putting his money in, perhaps thinking he has best hand.

If i checkraise 4th st, the gig is up, he knows i have a hand, likely the best one. I might get a token river call if i sell it cheap enough [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Perhaps the river would be good for checkraising. Especially if the board stays safe looking. Here, as i had still not improved, i jsut checked what i felt was good, and it was. If it went check/check river, thats ok i guess. I jsut want to present him witht he opportunity to get out of line.