Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2005, 09:29 AM

Default Re: Worst Fold Ever?

If you fold the river, I think you should call the turn donk.

Krishan
Old 08-27-2005, 09:30 AM

"you have 3 pair. 6 outs"

No, because the psycho so genuinely took forever to fold, I really think I have only five here.

-Michael
Old 08-27-2005, 10:02 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

read "no doubt" as "no chance" he folded an A. this also changes my thinking on the river, since there's only 1 A left
Old 08-27-2005, 10:35 AM

If BB has AK or AQ he would be correct to think it's best on the flop and turn. Some people don't 3-bet unless they have a royal flush, only if you think he's one of those people is a fold safe.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:52 AM

Ugh, getting 14.5-1, Its impossible for me to find the fold button here. I've seen too many overplayed flush draws here. If he has AKs, AQs (in diamonds), he probably has a set here. Calling the turn (which is fine), I'm calling the river (A2 is also a possibility)
Old 08-27-2005, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"I don't really understand why you would call the turn here but fold the river. I can see reasons to fold the turn or calldown, depending on the player, but the J seems about as blanky as you could hope for."

Because I have five outs against a straight.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

But does he insta-call PF with 54s? 33 makes the most sense, but there is of course only 1 combination of that. Next most sense is an A, though I don't see him 3-betting there with just an A. His behavior may be strange enough to merit a calldown. If his PF call with 54s is standard, I don't mind your line, but still think a river call probably better.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:56 AM

I can't find a fold anywhere. I think assuming he has 54 is kind of weak tight, but nevertheless possible. 33, 22, and AA all have one combination so they are also unlikely. Your opponent has AT-AK a a lot in this situation. The way it was played he may think he is best. He could very well have something like A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Getting a great flop and assuiming its best. If the river is a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I say fold. Otherwise getting 14.5:1 on your money and only really losing to 54 and AJ I think you have to call.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"I don't really understand why you would call the turn here but fold the river. I can see reasons to fold the turn or calldown, depending on the player, but the J seems about as blanky as you could hope for."

Because I have five outs against a straight.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

But does he insta-call PF with 54s? 33 makes the most sense, but there is of course only 1 combination of that. Next most sense is an A, though I don't see him 3-betting there with just an A. His behavior may be strange enough to merit a calldown. If his PF call with 54s is standard, I don't mind your line, but still think a river call probably better.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's up against the BB.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

He's up against the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, but he's being offered only 5:1 OOP. That is not necessarily an insta-call, though for some people it is. So I was saying it depends on wheather or not it is an insta call for the BB.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:34 PM

There was no preflop raise as I see it. Is that what you're implying?