Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 08-24-2005, 01:07 PM

Default Re: PokerGrader features...

[ QUOTE ]
Right now the way it works is you have to export the hands to compressed file and then go to pokergrader.com, browse to find the file, etc.

Why not just have a button that will do all of this is one step?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't use Poker Grader Client for upload to Poker Grader, I just assumed it did as Max Power recommends. Thats probably an important feature for you.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Right now the way it works is you have to export the hands to compressed file and then go to pokergrader.com, browse to find the file, etc.

Why not just have a button that will do all of this is one step?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about doing this, but decided against it. The main reason being I dont want to run software on my computer that generates a file and automatically uploads it to the net.

But ill look into this for the next version...
Old 08-24-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to know the PE for individual hands and would like to be able to sort by PE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if I start doing PE calculations for every imported hand, I might as well make a database of all the hands...

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't do potential profit calcs for each hand already? How do you generate the potential profit calc?

I've had a few imports that were scored really badly, but am not sure why. I'd like to see how it scores each hand because I am not sure that I trust it yet. For example, do I get a positive or negative score for calling a steal raise in the BB with 76s and CRing a 37Q rainbow flop and leading the turn? This is +EV in my opinion, but from what I've read about PG, I think it may be giving me a negative score here.

(PE in my original message was supposed to be potential profit since that is the term you use, but I was thinking 'potential earn' when I typed it.)
Old 08-24-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to know the PE for individual hands and would like to be able to sort by PE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if I start doing PE calculations for every imported hand, I might as well make a database of all the hands...

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't do potential profit calcs for each hand already? How do you generate the potential profit calc?

I've had a few imports that were scored really badly, but am not sure why. I'd like to see how it scores each hand because I am not sure that I trust it yet. For example, do I get a positive or negative score for calling a steal raise in the BB with 76s and CRing a 37Q rainbow flop and leading the turn? This is +EV in my opinion, but from what I've read about PG, I think it may be giving me a negative score here.

(PE in my original message was supposed to be potential profit since that is the term you use, but I was thinking 'potential earn' when I typed it.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, half the people in the thread are talking about PokerGrader Client (the client program), and the other half are talking about the website, which do different things.

PokerGrader (the website) does do PE calculations on every hand, hence all the things it comes up with. And I believe PG would count that hand as +PP, because having any pair heads up is pretty decent.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:28 AM

So can the website return the potential profit per hand on each street then? Or maybe at least show your top n worst and top n best hands?
Old 08-26-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So can the website return the potential profit per hand on each street then? Or maybe at least show your top n worst and top n best hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its difficult but not impossible. I'll look into it.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:09 PM

I think more detailed or presence of more "Tips" next to the check marks on the report card would be good. Like if it took an example from your HH and said, this is what Im talking about (if that is possible)...but in general, may more detail on what the person is doing wrong or just more explanation.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:03 AM

I suppose this will happen w/ time, but support of Absolute would be cool to.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I suppose this will happen w/ time, but support of Absolute would be cool to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Email me some hand histories from that side: pokergrader@gmail.com