Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Quick (Likely) Easy Monitor Blinking Question

How old are the CRTs? I have a recurring problem here at work where fairly old monitors will blink off into the orange no signal mode, then click back. Every time this has happens it continues to escalate until finally they just end up in sleep mode forever (their souls residing wherever dead pieces of monkey%&@!# go).

Rereading your original post, do both of them blink on and off at the same time? Wouldn't that point towards the video card?
Old 07-28-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Quick (Likely) Easy Monitor Blinking Question

both are samsung syncmaster CRTs. the first time this happened (about 3 weeks ago) i had not bought the 2nd CRT so i only had one hooked up to it. the one that was hooked up to it at that time is a new CRT (bought maybe 6 months ago). about 2 days after the blinking started on the first one (which, mind you, had never blinked in the previous months at all), i bought the 2nd CRT (for 8 tabling purposes) and it started blinking at the same exact time as the first so there is no correlation with adding the 2nd monitor and the blinking starting.

at absolutely no point does one blink without the other - which leads me to believe it's a video card issue - im just not sure what the issue is.

i think this weekend im going to open the case and make sure that sucker is plugged in tightly, i guess thats likely the answer. ill post an update after it gets figured out.