Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: ** STTF-HU Calcutta Site Now LIVE!!! **

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After beating up on Raptor HU over the weekend, I decided to make a pity bid for him.

This will piss him off, so he'll out bid me.

I'll then start a bidding war with Raptor until he has put in $5K of dead money, and then I'll let him hold the bid so that I can get Zen and Myself at 10-1 odds.

Booyah.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Your play, brilliant in my opinion.

The question is...can you actually get him to put enough in there so that skipper is getting reasonable odds on Yugo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's just crazy talk
Old 06-20-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible to set up a read-only mode for those of us who just want to look and see what is going on?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try and work on this tonight.

--GH

[/ QUOTE ]

I started working on this and then decided against the idea. I don't really want to post this information publicly. If you're interested, just send me a PM and I'll get you an account.

--GH
Old 06-20-2005, 09:16 PM

When does bidding close?
Old 06-20-2005, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After beating up on Raptor HU over the weekend, I decided to make a pity bid for him.

This will piss him off, so he'll out bid me.

I'll then start a bidding war with Raptor until he has put in $5K of dead money, and then I'll let him hold the bid so that I can get Zen and Myself at 10-1 odds.

Booyah.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

thats like a free million dollars for raptor. holla
Old 06-20-2005, 09:24 PM

When the "cards are in the air"
Old 06-20-2005, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When the "cards are in the air"

[/ QUOTE ]

But what does this mean? For example....when the first match is scheduled to begin, or when the first match actually begins? Or something else?
Sorry about the n00bness.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:50 PM

When the first card leaves the hand of the dealer in the first game is when "the cards are in the air"

Now, to try to be a little less doctrinaire, I could be convinced that "cards in the air" is not the best time to close the "LAC"...Particularly because it gives all the edge to the attending participants to the detriment of the non-attendees....So, if I get very much opposition to the "cards in the air" concept I will probably declare an earlier closing point. (It's good to be King) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-20-2005, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When the first card leaves the hand of the dealer in the first game is when "the cards are in the air"

Now, to try to be a little less doctrinaire, I could be convinced that "cards in the air" is not the best time to close the "LAC"...Particularly because it gives all the edge to the attending participants to the detriment of the non-attendees....So, if I get very much opposition to the "cards in the air" concept I will probably declare an earlier closing point. (It's good to be King) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I'm unconfused now.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:57 PM

I think I'm all caught up with giving accounts to people who have asked. If you've asked me and have not yet recieved an account (or if you haven't asked but want one) send me a PM. The Prize Pool is already up to $3,100! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also, I was thinking of adding a second live action calcutta for smaller stakes. This one would be more oriented towards those of us still stuck in the 11s and 22s who don't have monster bankrolls. It would also give a better chance of winning a player to those people who won't be in attendence. Or course, I still strongly encourage anybody to bid, so if Raptor wants to bid $1,000 on himself, that's cool with me.

My idea would be this. I would initially buy all the players for $20 (yes, even Yugo). Subsequent bids will be in increments of $10, so hopefully people will go crazy trying to outbid each other and we would still likely get a prize pool of $1,000+. Also, instead of doing a winner takes all, I was thinking of doing a 70/30 split for the top two places.

I would probably close the bidding about 2 weeks or so prior to the event in order for me to make sure everyone paid up. I'd give the winners a few days to pay up, and as is the case with the other tourney, if someone doesn't pay up in time, the bid will go to the second highest bidder. Also, anyone who doesn't pay up will be publicly mocked and humiliated on the forum. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Let me know if there is interest in this.

--GH
Old 06-21-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Re: HAVE U PEOPLE GONE MAD ?

Yugo is now "valued" higher than the Incredibly-Lovely SFB in the STTFHUC Live Auction Calcutta. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

THIS MAKES BABY JESUS CRY [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]