Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2005, 09:31 PM

Default Re: Free Money.....?!?!?!?

Just get a group of 11, one hero and 2 feeders per game. Feeders slowly and inobtrusively lose their chips to the hero who should be able to take out an entire table if he's given three times the starting chips. I'd say it would take three tries max to get five wins in a row. Everybody gets a grand for their troubles.

Otherwise, it's a longshot at best. I doubt anybody has the patience to play $5 tournies long enough to get the 5 in a row.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:38 PM

I do hope you guys are only jopking when you talk about all the cheating.

If not, im personally reporting your cheating to them if you were to win.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do hope you guys are only jopking when you talk about all the cheating.

If not, im personally reporting your cheating to them if you were to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry mr. hall monitor, I won't waste my time.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:49 PM

Ahh, goddamn bar review or I'd be all over this. Well, maybe in two months.

Step 1: Open up the maximum number of tables, keeping in mind which one was opened when (perhaps by seat location)
Step 2: Go all in every hand on the first five until you've doubled or tripled on all five at once; if/when you lose, start new tables ASAP (if you think about it, this will probably not cost you more than $200, tops. $500 if you are horribly unlucky?)
Step 3: Play normal game until victory
Step 4: Massive amounts of profit
Old 05-26-2005, 09:51 PM

Until you somehow manage to lose & have to start all over again.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:53 PM

Once you have 3K chips at each $5 table I think you are at least going to get $200 for 'first or second' a decent chunk of the time. It'll still take luck but you can go for the gold pretty easily because your outlay is small.

If they have blinds measured in minutes on top of that I think this is more +EV than playing the 50's.

edit: Hmm, 'all five at once' is too much cash...but you can push SNG 1 on the first hand, SNG 2 on the second if you win, etc., like a ladder. I think this would be doable pretty quickly for far less money than you'd think.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:53 PM

What I like about this promo is that you still get your normal payout for 1st through 3rd, unlike other "steps" challenges. Thus, the jackpot is just a bonus for people who normally play $5 S&G's, anyway.

Plus, they do have the $200 mini-jackpot for 5 consecutive tourneys placing 1st or 2nd.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:11 PM

Bah....didn't even think of playing it this way. Ni han Adanthar.

So, can you play 5 tables at once on that site? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If so....yeah, I think you *can* beat these for a very nice amount with ur strategy.

I bet someone could do some gorilla math that is fairly accurate too (moreso than ur guestimate anyway).

I mean, if ur going to play 5.5 then these are good anyway b/c they'll give u back quite a bit if ur a good player just playing normally (plus other play may be even worse)....but the only way to probably make this actually that profitable is something like Adanthar suggested (or outright cheating).

Yugoslav
Old 05-26-2005, 11:15 PM

wonder how many tables they allow you to play at once?
Old 05-26-2005, 11:28 PM

Site Review : Noble Poker

I had an account there a while back. A friend was into it and talked me into joining. I did the signup bonus and then got the hell out of dodge. Heres my take on the site:

First off, its real small.I guess its growing, might be bigger now. They have a signup bonus, which clears in ring games. The software blows. You can have a max of 3 tables open (not 4), and the big thing...you cannot move the tables from atop one another. They all coexist in the same 800x600 window, and you have to select tables from a menu in the corner. And what REALLY killed me is that they popup when its your action, and the action buttons are obviously one atop the other. You see where this is going. I had 2 misclick dissasters, both in NL ring. They have a "push" button, and twice id be about to push in a SnG, and the NL pops up, and i pushed in the NL ring. Both times i got looked up (!) and both times my reandom 2 lost. Once cost $90-ish and the 2nd cost $120-ish.

About the quality of players...well, suffice it to say, i made 2 open pushes for like 50 BB in 1-2 NL, and got looked up twice. I remember one of them was by a guy with AJ. Draw your own conclusions.

The SnG scene. From what i remember, most of the games were wither 5ppl or 6ppl SNGs, i cant remember which. I think they did have 10-person, but they were very infrequent. Again, this may have changed in the last 6 months or so since i was there.

Anyways, i guess thats about all i have to say. It must sound like im bashing the site, and i guess i am, but its just one guys opinion, so dont let me stop you from trying it out. Really most of my rage comes from the software, and its inherent risk of disasterous misclicks.

I can try to answer further questions to the best of my recollection.